Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2015, 07:05 PM
    Settled science?
    Once again, after Climategate, 'science' is not so much science.

So what part of science involves adjusting the data to support your agenda?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2015, 09:21 PM
    Speech you are aware that I think the manner in which the scientific community has behaved is deplorable and that this pseudo science for political ends must stop. This is not to say some action isn't needed to address the use of finite resources but given time the technology will be found there is no need for panic
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 9, 2015, 04:13 AM
    Record low ice caps become record large icecaps in one year. Global warming on hold for 2 decades. Polar bears becoming extinct, no wait, they're overpopulated.

It all brings to mind the old joke about the most wonderful job in the world being that of a weatherman because every decision you make can be 180 degrees off and you still get to come in the next day.

And the Progressives want to base economic policy on a joke?!
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2015, 04:59 AM
    No it just suits their agenda
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 9, 2015, 07:25 AM
    MUCH new measuring and data collection is happening. I think just last night SpaceX sent up a satellite that will measure solar activity better. A company called Remote Sensory Systems (I think, remss.com) has 14 new satellites that do much better high and low atmosphere analysis, and can merge data to take out interference. NOAA or some gov't agency sent up a new satellite last summer to measure greenhouse gasses. Ocean temps and currents and towers are being measured better, and the RSS satellites can even correlate with that data.

It isn't all ice caps and mean global surface temps anymore.

And 3 cheers for the entrepreneurs diving into areas formerly reserved for gov't!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2015, 08:31 AM
    Private enterprise, like Al Gore, is in it for the money. I don’t know how anyone takes these climate warriors seriously anyway. Besides the continued manipulation of the data and spectacularly wrong predictions, 1700 private jets (not including commercial flights and who knows how many limos) gathering to solve the problem reeks of hypocrisy and indifference.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2015, 08:44 AM
    I can forget what the scientist say for now, and focus on cause, and effects of human activity. Basically air, water, and soil quality. The world looks different when you can't take a shower, or drink water from your faucets after a chemical/oil spill. From Alaska to the Gulf of Mexico we see those effects of human activity gone wrong. So while you debate what's settled science, and what ain't, what are facts, and what's fiction, let's not ignore the real world, and what we are doing to ourselves that is NOT in dispute, that we KNOW we have to do something about.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2015, 09:18 AM
    1700 private jets (not including commercial flights and who knows how many limos) gathering to solve the problem reeks of hypocrisy and indifference.
    But that's not what the gathering is about is it? They went to attend a Press Conference with Will.i.am
    current pert

Feb 9, 2015, 10:05 AM
    Lump the business world into one lump if you want. People like Musk want to bring down Goliaths, and still make a living. (One of his projects with Google is ousting the communications giants. Yay, eh?) And the gov't science agencies know that they are hampered by bureaucracy. As someone who has worked on health care since Clinton days said, 'No company with half a brain wanted to write the software according to the regulations.'

50 years ago I had a close friend whose sole aim was to take down Yachting Magazine just because it was so exclusive and stuffy. So he started SAIL (I helped at the beginning.) He went on to start INC, and so on.

As for Al Gore, you know damn well that he gave that money away.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2015, 11:54 AM
    And 3 cheers for the entrepreneurs diving into areas formerly reserved for gov't!
    right on !

tal I hear a new fault line was discovered in Texas recently . Since it is so close to the home of the former President ,it has been renamed "Bush's Fault " .
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2015, 12:00 PM
    joy
    I am a big fan of private space and applaud that NASA is giving way to private space for exploration ,research ,and enterprise in low earth orbit. NASA has done some great work in deep space and robotic exploration so they have carved out a meaningful purpose for their existance . Perhaps they should stick to that and stop being an advocacy agency for some very questionable scientific conclusions.
    current pert

Feb 9, 2015, 01:50 PM
    I thought climate stuff was pretty much NOAA. But they and NASA and JPL etc overlap a lot.

Thanks for the Bush joke. Am working on a version that just says 'near Crawford, Texas' with no mention of any presidents.
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2015, 01:35 AM
    What soothing something he is actually responsible for

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you suggest a topic for my science investigatory project in life science? [ 0 Answers ]

Can you suggest a topic for my science investigatory project on life science for high school?

Science investigaroty project title-physical science category [ 1 Answers ]

I want to look for our title defense for tomorrow in research

Settled vs Settled in Full [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between a "settled" account and a "settled in full" account?

Is it really settled? [ 9 Answers ]

I was sent a settlement letter by a collection agency the debt was $307. They offered my a settlement $215 to settle debt paid. I sent them the money via Money order and return receipt in plenty of time. BUT the difference of $92. Is showing up on my credit bureau as an owed balance. What is...

View more questions Search