Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2015, 10:23 PM
    What happens if you take birth control one day early?
    I take my new pack of birth control at the end of the month on the Sunday. Today is Saturday, for some reason I thought it was Sunday so I took the first pill. Im wondering if I should just continue to take it, and take the second one tomorrow, or wait until Monday to continue taking them. Just wondering what the better option is. Because when I med up my birth control it usually messes up my entire month and then I get my period either late or early. I didn't want to have to go through that again this month and I was planning to take them perfectly then went and did this. So yeah, what do you think is better>
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2015, 07:07 AM
    I'd get back on the usual routine and just use condoms as an additional precaution for awhile if needed. What pill are you using? Do you know the length of time you need to be on it to be considered effective? You can give your doctor's office a call or look it up. For some types it is only a week, for others it can be longer.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2015, 07:32 AM
    It should be fine. You will, however, be changing your schedule. Instead of starting the pack on Sunday, you will now be starting the new packs on Saturday. This was a one time mistake, as long as you don't make this a habit you should be fine.

As a disclaimer, I'm sure you understand that no form if birth control is always 100% effective. Even when the pill is taken properly, there is still a slight risk of pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Took birth control early? [ 2 Answers ]

I take my birth control pill every night at 10 PM. I've never missed. Today I had to wake up early and was really tired, so I wasn't totally paying attention to what I was doing. I accidentally took my birth control pill for today with my morning medications. Is that okay? What should I do...

Birth control taken a day early? Help! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on ortho tri cyclen lo 21 day birth control, there are no placebo pills.. The package says to take a 7 day break, so I would've taken the new pack on Sunday but I instead started it today (Saturday) would this change the effectiveness of the pill? Or elongate my period? Please help! & thank...

Birth Control-a day late [ 2 Answers ]

I am supposed to start a new pack of birth control tonight (Sunday), but I do not have the pack with me. Will it be OK to start tomorrow on Monday, if I double up?

Period came early while on birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I was on birth control for about 6 months and then stopped it for a month and my period was late. My doctor said that was normal and then I started birth control again and had my period at the right time. 2 weeks after my period, I started bleeding and it has been about 7 days now. According to...

View more questions Search