Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kvartz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Replacing a bladder tank
    I have a 18 year old Perma Tank PAD 20. According to all the prior dialog on this site about pressure drops and short cycling, it sounds like I have a ruptured bladder. The tank clunks all the way to the top and water comes out the pressure valve.

I'm pretty handy. Is a bladder tank something I can buy at Lowe's, HD or a plumbing supply shop and install by myself.

Any special skills or tools required?

If I should call a plumber, what should I expect to pay for a installation of a comparable bladder tank?

Thanks in advance.
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Apr 9, 2007, 04:07 PM
    You can get these from your local plumbing supply. I don't believe the home improvement stores carry them however. Depeneding on plumbing configurations, there is a chance you will have to do some minor plumbing to make you connection. All in all it should be a relatively easy task

Good Luck,
    Morrowrj
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 10, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Charging out a bladder tank's as siumple as falling off a log. Simply shut the pump off at the breaker box and bleed the system down. Unscrew the old one, tape the threads and screw in the new one. Before pressure up the system look on your pump control box. It will give you the cut in and cut out settings. Ax a rule 20/40, sometimes 30/50 PSI. Set the pressure in the bladder tank to 2 PSI under the CUT-IN setting on the control box. In other words if your cut in pressure's 20 PSI the bladder tank pressure's set at 18 PSI. Good lucki, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure/bladder tank losing pressure? [ 11 Answers ]

Well, I have asked some questions about my plumbing before. So I am calling on you guys once again. I have a 52 gallon pressure tank/bladder tank made by wellsaver. I turn the water on and have good pressure for a few minutes then it basically goes dead with no pressure. I recently posted questions...

Residential Bladder Pressure Water Tank [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a rural area and my home is supplied by a well with a submersible pump. The water comes into a bladder pressure tank. I have noticed that when the shower or the dishwasher is running, the switch for the submersible well pump keeps switching off and on. I am worried that I will burn up...

Bladder tank on well system [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, thank you for attempting to help. I have a little water pressure in the morning, but after running the dish washer I have just a trickle. I have looked at the gauge at my tank and I can't get above 15 psi. I have also turned the power of to the submersival pump, turned the nearest faucet on...

Bladder [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering why I have a strong odor of urine. Im only 35 and I do the sanitary things to make sure I don't have the odor but its still there.I bathe twice daily. What's going on?

Bladder Stones [ 4 Answers ]

My Miniature Schnauzer has a bladder stone and is awaiting surgery (I have a popular vet with a tight schedule). I have been unable to reach him today and need to know if there is anything I can give her for pain from the spasms. She weighs 25 pounds. (I KNOW! She likes to eat!) If there is...

View more questions Search