Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 12, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Yes I am not really understanding your not knowing. You will have to be more detailed in you question.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 12, 2007, 11:55 AM
    I cannot believe you are even considering this no no no!!
    nottheonlycluelesstexan Posts: 22, Reputation: 15

Apr 12, 2007, 12:19 PM
    I don't think it is OK, but accidents do happen. I think its important to explain to a kid what was going on if they heard or saw anything. Just forgetting about it teaches your kid that it is a naughty and/or wicked thing to do. But explaining that it is a physical expression of love diffuses the situation and leads to trust. Besides, with all the moaning that goes on a kid might think someone is hurt and that should certainly be discussed.

To avoid repeat accidents, get better locks, be a heck of a lot more quiet, or better still, get a sitter and go to the hotel!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 12:51 PM
    I think that you shouldn't be dropping your pants at any location with them running all about, but if they accidentally stumble in, it won't scar them. If they saw something on accident and are old enough to understand, Explain to them what was happening and why. I think the reason people are so confused about sexuality, and the reason children are so eager to experiment, is partially because the parents never sat them down and really told them about it. Sex Ed in school is crap, so its your job! Now I don't mean give them a private picture show or anything.. thats gross, but please clear it up for them if they happen in on you...
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Apr 12, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Michael Jackson actually claims that one of the things that screwed him up as a child was that his brothers had sex with fans while he was in the room and look how her turned out lol. An accident can't be helped can it. Its just the same as if an adult walks in, you just have to laugh it off. I don't think I could do it with my child around though, it's a bit wrong isn't it, especially if they are old enough to tell someone. My cousin lets her little girl (aged 2 ) sleep in her bed with them at night and I was like, surely that's going to kill your sex life and she agreed. She said they had to wait until she fell asleep, carry her to her own bed and then hurry to make sure they were finished before she woke up and wondered back in! Babies is different though.
    As for your parents, I would love to believe my parents don't have sex but unfortuatly I know different because I walked in on them not so long ago. I have to say, I was disturbed!

Apr 12, 2007, 01:38 PM
    As for your parents, I would love to believe my parents don't have sex but unfortuatly I know different because I walked in on them not so long ago. I have to say, I was disturbed![/quote]

AHHH!! Any way great use of Mike Jackson as an example. This is what could happen.
    shanee Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pink4life252
    Is it ok to have sex in front of young children:)
    No matter how old they are! It isn't right at any age. Children remember things as infants. Especially if its introduced to them and they've never seen it or continue to see it.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 03:32 PM
    When I was young I walked by my parents bedroom door and saw my mom sitting straddle of my dad's stomach, My mom saw me so she came and explained what was going on. "she said that dad's stomach had been getting big so she was bouncing up and down on it to make it small again." Well I just had to tell her that it did not do any good because as soon as she left for work the neighbor lady from next door came over and blew him back up.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 03:42 PM
    You do not deliberately have sex in front of children. But if a child should walk in on you the thing to do is act as natural as possible. If the child is only young they won't understand and will think you are just playing - no harm. If the child is older you could laugh it off make a joke of it.

Apr 12, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Try locking the door.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Hey now... kids are smarter than that... my son can jimmy just about anything... and he's 3. we have to wait until he is sound asleep and then shut both our doors... and sometimes put a chair in front of it... ;)
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2007, 07:26 AM
    We lock the door. Even hearing our daughter get up to go to the bathroom stops us.
    Or hearing "Mommy?" I am totally done.
    I can not imagine doing it in the room - even when she was a baby.
    I think if she walked in on us - I would be more scarred! Just knowing that I gave her that image!
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Apr 13, 2007, 11:26 AM
    I do not think it is good practice to be having sex in front of young children !

You need to add a little more as others have posted to your question for people to be able to give you any real answer.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2007, 11:55 PM
    I had to chuckle as I read the Savage's response...
    But I'd have to say that I don't agree with having sex in front of children - no matter what situation it is.
    Even at 2 years old, a child should not be viewing sexual relations of any sort...
    rhia Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pink4life252
    Is it ok to have sex in front of young children:)
    NO! Please don't... just please please don't.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 6, 2007, 02:16 PM
    No.
    My son was sleeping one night when he was 6, a while passed and my partner and I started to do stuff... a few minutes later my son burst into the bedroom wondering what was going on. We dragged the duvet over us and partner quickly said that I was having a nightmare and he was trying to wake me up lol.
    I wouldn't... no even I couldn't do it in the same room as him that's just wrong... you need to be an adult to have sex, so lets keep it that way and not drag the kids into an adult world.
    LifePuzzle Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2009, 09:09 PM
    I'm having difficulty reconciling the intensity of aversion people have for this with the fact that it was normal for thousands of years (igloos, teepees, caves, mud huts, etc.). Does this mean that everyone in the world until recently was messed up? Assuming they weren't, I would appreciate hearing ideas as to why not, given that they witnessed the "disgusting act" on a regular basis. :confused:
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 04:42 AM

Given the fact that this thread is TWO YEARS OLD, it is now closed.

Please check dates on threads before responding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The social impact home schooling has on young children [ 25 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Courtney and I am doing a senior exit project on the Effects of Homeschooling on Children. I believe that homeschooling should not be in effect. If you have been homeschooled and it has a strong impact on your life, could you give me feedback on what you think ...

Too young? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 11 and "well developed" lots of guys and girl in my year started asking each other out about 1 1/2 years ago, I was asked out once and found it was boring because our parents wouldn't let us meet up anywere and I was dumped a few days later. Now its more interesting as many of my friends have...

How do you teach your young children about sex? [ 5 Answers ]

My 5 year old son has been masturbating ever since I can remember, but after he turned 2, he learned not to do it in public, although I know he has continued to do it fairly regularly on his own. He started learning this year in school the different parts of the body, including sexual organs. He...

If a girl has sex in a very young age.. . [ 12 Answers ]

(14)what are the concequences?

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search