Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inchaos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2015, 01:14 AM
    Where can I get help financially?
    I am 55 years old man, a single parent of 3 young daughters. I have also 2 old women living with me, they are my mother who is 86 years old. She's wheel chair ridden and her older sister who is 96 years old, widowed without a child.

I was a chef working abroad before I got diabetes which is crippling me now, I can hardly walk and my both feet are numb and I can't stand for longer time that is the reason why I quit my job. I had a little savings but run out because of my medicines, everyday expenses including the schooling of my children.

My problem now is we don't have money for my medicines, our daily expenses for food, my monthly bills, and for the schooling of my children. I don't want them to stop going to school.

I am in a big problem and I don't know what to do. Is there anyone who can help me financially or anyone who can find someone to help me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2015, 01:22 AM
    Where do you live? In US you should be on various state welfare programs.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2015, 08:36 AM
    Or you can find a job that doesn't have you standing up for long hours. There actually ARE a lot of those. Public schools cost nothing to attend. At least in the USA and Canada, and Europe, most families can't afford private schools.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 5, 2015, 08:39 AM
    Public assistance is dependent on your location.

What part of the world do you live? We can help you better if we can have that little bit of information.

Feb 5, 2015, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Where do you live? In US you should be on various state welfare programs.
    I am from the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Or you can find a job that doesn't have you standing up for long hours. There actually ARE a lot of those. Public schools cost nothing to attend. At least in the USA and Canada, and Europe, most families can't afford private schools.
    I already applied to different jobs that I know but nobody hired me.

Feb 5, 2015, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Public assistance is dependent on your location.

What part of the world do you live? We can help you better if we can have that little bit of information.
    I am from the Philippines
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 5, 2015, 08:59 AM
    The majority of us are based in North America.

Do you have public schools or is all schooling paid in your location? At 55 years old your children can't be that young and could responsible for their own tuition.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2015, 09:07 AM
    Where is the mother of your kids?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 5, 2015, 09:52 AM
    From what I can gather in 1 chat room, education is called free but does have a small fee, plus many parents can't afford the supplies and transportation and clothing.
    I didn't read this because my computer is acting horrible with Windows 8.
    Philippines

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financially Irresponsible [ 2 Answers ]

My parents are both retired. My father is 70 and my mother is 67. Both have health issues. My father takes care of the finances, however, he has stopped paying all of their bills. My mother is going blind because of an eye disease (maculardegeneration?) and my father is not paying any of the...

View more questions Search