Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JonathanN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2015, 10:52 AM
    Are there any TV shows that help beginners learn how cars work?
    There are many shows that show million dollar cars... but are there any TV shows that help beginners learn about cars?

I would love to learn how engines work... what this is called etc etc.

Are there any TV shows or YouTube channels designed for newbs?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2015, 01:11 PM
    A good way to learn about cars is to get a shop manual. Study the manual and start with changing the oil and filter. From there, review when various preventive maintenance items need to be done and do them yourself. Experience is the best teacher. An alternative is to buy a Haynes Manual for your car and study it. These manuals will tell you the parts of your car.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2015, 08:42 AM
    TGM is always trying to explain how to check under hood fuses for simple electrical problems that are posted here at AMHD.
    I find You Tube a great source of explaining how to do this. Ie: Eric the car guy. He's a straight up guy that is a pro at what he does and shows how easy it is. That's one way to learn about cars.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 14, 2015, 02:00 PM
    There are plenty of free places out there online where you can dig as deep as you like.

Automotive Training and Resource Site
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2015, 04:19 AM
    I like ETCG.com, particularly some of Eric's older videos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I learn & work in excel 2007? [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me details of excel 2007 . & tell me how can I work in excel .

Will a coleman evcon heatpump work on a house? It shows to be a modular unit [ 4 Answers ]

I have an opportunity to buy an almost new exterior unit and will need to get heat strips for my home. I do not want to do this if it will not work..

Magyar for beginners. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for some good references on Magyar. My family is Hungarian and I've been learning what I can of it. My grandfather grew up in a time when speaking foreign languages was highly discouraged and so never taught his sons. Any ideas or advice anyone can offer would be most welcome.:)

View more questions Search