Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsShay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2015, 12:34 PM
    Gas Furnace won't shut off or blow any heat
    Hello,

I have a Nordyne Gas furnace Model # C38A 030C-A. Last night I notice it was getting a bit cold and went to adjust thermostat, I noticed it was acting funny, light blinking off and on when I tried to set it than it just went off completely than came back up it change from Fahrenheit to Celsius and I couldn't get it to change. So I figured it was the battery this morning I tried changing the battery and reset it, it came back up but the furnace still won't blow heat or will it shut off when I turn the thermostat off. There is a red blinking light in the furnace that blinks constantly. What could be wrong? And I can't locate the filter.

Thank you

Shay
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2015, 12:54 PM
    The blinking light could be normal or a problem code. The codes are typically on the inside of the air handler motor cover. As far as the filter goes, if you haven't changed it in a long time, you may have tripped the high temp safety which usually will have to be replaced. Filters are in the return air side, possibly in a wall mount or inside the furnace or in a small compartment next to the furnace. Post a picture of the front, maybe we can see it. Otherwise, you will have to get someone to look at it.
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Feb 3, 2015, 03:08 PM
    A dirty filter could be the problem. Remove the bottom panel on the furnace and see if you can see the filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace Won't Blow Heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Goodman furnace. Model # is GMP075-3. It was manufactured in 1993. Problem started with when the thermostat temp was reached... the flame would go out and the furnace would continue to blow cool air and not shut off. The only way to get it to shut off was to manually turn it off with the...

Fan won't come on to blow heat in furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I just hear switch turning on , but fan or blower never comes on.

Rheem GAS furnace blower won't shut off won't let furnace work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Rheem 90 gas furnace RGSA10EZAJS and The blower for the inside runs all the time I unhooked the thermstat wires to make sure it wasn't it I have also replacedthe IFC board but it still runs all the time and the furnace will not work I hope you can help Thank You

Furnace won't blow hot air or shut off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a concord 80 plus furnace. Its less then 2 years old. It will not blow hot air, and the motor just runs and will not shut off no matter what the therm is set at. The LED flashes 4 times which says "open limit switch or limit switch circuit". I pulled the limit switch out (at least I think...

Heil gas furnace won't blow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Heil heat/air gas pack(forced air) unit. It's about 20 years old, but it's been a great one. When I flip the t-stat to HEAT and AUTO I hear the unit outside firing up and I can see heat rising out of the vent, but the blower won't come on to push heat inside my house. When I turn the...

View more questions Search