Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vettelady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2015, 05:09 PM
    Been paying medical for a month, but not covered? What can I do?
    I have been paying through payroll deductions for medical insurance since January 1, 2015. When I have called the Insurance Company, they have no record of me. I asked my employer for refund - he says no. How can I get my money returned for services not available to me.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 2, 2015, 05:22 PM
    Go back as calmly as you can to your employer and demand to see the paper work showing that your premium was paid, and the acknowledgement from the company. You should have received a card, an ID number, and other papers from the insurer. If not, some mistake happened, or your employer hasn't added you to the group policy. That's illegal, and you can tell him that you will report it to the Labor Dept. Ask him in writing in case he fires you.
    You leave many unanswered questions. You never got any papers? How many people are in the group policy? (50+ employees must be insured or face a penalty.)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2015, 09:45 PM
    Are you a new hire still on probation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Washington state what is the grace for paying rent. I pay month to month [ 4 Answers ]

I pay month to month and my landlord calls on the 2nd or 3 rd and demands the rent plus a late fee. I thought there was a 5 day grace period am I wrong?

Paying $667 per month out of disability and trying to live on $740 per month [ 5 Answers ]

I'm paying $667 childsupport per month out of my disability and trying to live on $740 per month for a son in his mid 20's and one 30 years old and both with their own families. When I became disabled my wife received checks from social security for several years that did not go through the child...

Ex not paying his 1/2 on medical bills & I'm in debt [ 1 Answers ]

I have been divorced since 2005. I have never asked my ex to pay any of the medical bills for our son. This year I really got in debt with bills and asked him to pay. He called the orthodontist to try to get out of paying for that if it wasn't necessary medically. He said he didn't get first...

S it against the law to be double covered for medical insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Is it against the law to be double covered for medical insurance

Paying medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I need help with my medical bills. My husband had to have surgery but we were in between insurances. We do have it now. There are the hospital plus doctor and anesthesiologist and others and its over 50,0000 and its killing us with the other household bills. Were starting to fall behind on...

View more questions Search