Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XPurple-Starx Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2015, 01:10 PM
    Need some help losing weight
    Hello

I decided that I wanted to lose 2 stone, I started the journey last year and I did really well and managed to lose one stone by eating less calories, attending classes at the gym and using the my fitness pal app at a very slow pace losing a pound a week.

Unfortunately I started a new job that interfered with my gym time, not to mention it made me too tired to go (I realise that this was a silly excuse) I attended as much as I could but not as often as I'd of liked to.

I started to eat more and more takeaways! Then I ate even more rubbish around Christmas time, luckily I only put 2 pounds on in 3 months.

I then got laid off from my job as there was no work (temporary contract) on the 7th Jan, I decided to get back on track with my fitness the following Monday.

On the first week I lost the 2 pound that I had put back on (yey me) but since then I have stayed the same, I know it's early days yet but for some reason I seem to have lost all my motivation, to me this is really strange as I usually enjoyed going to my exercise classes.

I also seem to be having problems with what I'm eating, I never know what to have, I am trying to eat more healthier but I struggle eating healthy foods not a big fan of a lot of them! (fussy eater I know)

Just need some advice and motivation, because this time I am struggling more than when I first started and it's really annoying me lol
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 2, 2015, 01:28 PM
    I struggle with the same situations, as do millions of us... lost jobs, changing jobs, stress, unhappiness, worry, all add to the difficulties.
    The only difference is that I do all my eating at home. I get fast food about 3 times a year, and go to a restaurant about 3 times.
    Despite being in my 60s, I STILL feel a twinge of pleasure at eating something sweet whenever I want, a throwback to childhood, when I couldn't. (Plus I just like sweets, and they are my entertainment and my pain reliever, although temporary.)

Motivation is key, and I see no reason to force misery on yourself if you don't want to get back on track.
    I find that I get 2 kinds of motivation, one the positive kind that happens when I go all day eating light and healthy meals with no sweets, and the other the negative kind when I feel heavy and awful, and sometimes can't sleep well. And I'm in the northeast US, so I crave comfort foods. Not the easiest time to diet. Last winter, however, I lost a pound a day in March when I was in a lot of pain. I pretty much ate nothing but home made chicken broth with a bit of veggies and rice in it. Then I gained it all back.

So tell us - what are your favorite high fat, high sugar foods, and what are your tolerable healthy foods?
    allen dawson Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2015, 01:46 AM
    Eat vegetables to help you feel full.
    Drink plenty of water.
    Get tempting foods out of your home.
    Stay busy -- you don't want to eat just because you're bored.
    Eat only from a plate, while seated at a table. No grazing in front of the 'fridge.
    Don't skip meals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am not losing weight. [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the full story. I need a lot of opions. PLEASE! HELP! I was 17 when I started dieting. It was only because a friend of mine wanted somebody to do it with you. Up until then I always slightly laughed at the girls that thought it necissary to diet. I had always been thin. 5ft 2in. 107...

Losing weight [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a mommy @17 and losing weight for me is very hard and I don't know what to do.. Help?? I want to feel good and stop putting myself down.. My husband don't think I look bad but their time when I feel like I do.. When I meet my husband I was a size 12-13 now I'm a size 17-19. Its stressful just...

Losing weight with out losing my boobs. [ 4 Answers ]

I was talkn to my mom the other day and I told her I wanted to get rid of my tummy fat and just tightn it up. You know get in shape in all that. But she told me if I work out and lose my weight that I would also lose my boobs as well. Is that true?

Losing weight! :) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been walking briskly for 2 weeks and have lost 8 pounds (down to 135):D I have also been eating healtier, which definetlly has been working. I still have these "love handles" that I would love to get rid of, (leaving to go to the beach for Memorial Day weekend) I know there is no spot...

Losing weight. [ 4 Answers ]

My goal for the summer is to loose some weight before high school =]. But the problem is since that it is way to hot outside I don't seem to get to motivated to go outside and workout, or workout inside... So what I've been doing is not eating as much but sometimes I would sneek in a few junkies...

View more questions Search