Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Acosta2808 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2015, 03:17 PM
    11 hours since last drink ETG
    So I consumed 1 & 1/2 shots of vodka and whiskey last night (Saturday) at approximately 11pm-1am. I stopped drinking alcohol by 1am and had some water and a redbull. I then proceeded to drink 3 16.9 FL oz water bottles, went to bed, and slept for 8-9 hours, waking up periodically to go pee. I woke up at 12pm (Sunday) had to test at 1pm same day. I drank another 3 16.9 water bottles consecutively and a cup of coffee before testing. I'm assuming the chances of passing are slim, maybe 50/50? Can anyone share insight or anything relatable?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 1, 2015, 03:25 PM
    What happens WHEN you fail ?

Feb 1, 2015, 03:37 PM
    When as in you assume I will? I'm hoping for a possible dilute. I'm on probation this will be my first positive so I don't know.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 1, 2015, 03:39 PM
    Bear in mind a dilute often has the same overall effect as a FAIL.

Feb 1, 2015, 03:41 PM
    Do you have any experience with ETG?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2015, 09:20 PM
    With 11 hours you will probably fail, dilution a big factor too.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2015, 06:45 AM
    It would seem to me after having been on probation a while, you would have known better than to jeopardize it, and then add further damage by trying to hide it, rather than just face whatever consequences which would likely be a retest, or providing an explanation for whatever level was detected.

So the real question is are you under a zero tolerance order, or some other acceptable level of passing? If you don't know after all this time then you should never have drank anything, and certainly not added to it with the risk of CERTAIN failure through dilution.

Probation officers hate it when deception is detected, and a small slip can be forgiven with a track record of compliance. That's a better shot than the one you took. You are now at the full mercy of the probation authority. And yes I have been on both sides of this situation.

Feb 2, 2015, 01:47 PM
    I didn't ask for a lecture or your judgement. If you can't offer any non-biased insight you probably shouldn't be on this website. I'm new on probation (first time offender) just fyi. There can also be a reasonable explanation for dilution or slight failure since the test can detect how much over the cutoff you are: Kombucha tea, didn't eat before test, etc... I didn't go on a crazy binge with no regards for the consequences, I had one and a half drinks since I had tested prior that day, didn't expect to test two days in a row. Thanks for your input though. I won't be risking anything again.
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Feb 3, 2015, 02:31 PM
    Your probably gonna need at least a day,more if you drink a lot. The only way to pass is make sure 80hrs pasted since your last drink or stop drinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG test 56 hours after drink [ 1 Answers ]

I need help to this question. I drank 4.5 drinks on Friday from 9:00 to 1:45. My BAC never reached about .08. I had an ETG test on Monday at 8:30. Do you think I would test positive?

ETG Test 1 drink 40 hours since the drink for testing [ 2 Answers ]

Dr Bill I had an ETG test Monday at 4:30pm due to a custody dispute I seldom drink but had one glass of wine Saturday at 7pm with a meal. I drink plenty of water, exercise and am healthy do you expect I will pass the test given it was only slightly over 40 hours since the drink? I had not had any...

3 drink EtG after about 40 hours? [ 1 Answers ]

5'3 118 lb female. If I drink 3 shots of rum tonight, Saturday the 29th, from 11-11:55 P.M. Will I have a chance of passing an EtG test Monday at 4?

EtG 46 hours feom last drink... [ 2 Answers ]

I am a very struggling alcoholic at 27 yrs. I am a 205 # male. My last drink was 44 hrs from my test. I drank 1 half pint of 40%whiskey and two 24oz Milwaukee's best regulars. I work in a very hot kitchen and sweat profusely and drink about 2 gallons of water a day to stay hydrated. I'm very...

About 85 hours since last drink... will I pass an EtG? [ 1 Answers ]

I drank about 8 beers on Friday night. And stopped drinking around 12am.. I have to get tested today (Tuesday) at around 5pm. I did the math and it has been about 85 to 88 hours since my last drink. Before this a haven't had a drink in over 2 months. What are my chances of passing an EtG test?

View more questions Search