Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NoobInLife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2015, 02:53 PM
    Hamster emergency
    My hamster is wiggling when he's trying to move and he cant even move he's struggling just to get to his food but he doesn't even have the strength to eat and I'm a bit worried it hurts a bit in my chest to see him like this he were perfectly energetic yesterday and now this? I don't know what to do is there anything I can do to help him?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 1, 2015, 03:53 PM
    Take him to the vet so he can get examined. As a pet owner, you need to make sure he's not in pain.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 10, 2015, 06:24 PM
    How old is the hamster? Is he pooing and peeing? It could be a blockage, it could be wet tail, it could be so many things. I know it's not really feasible to spend hundreds in vet bills on a hamster, I totally get that. But, if you care about him, care about the fact that he's obviously hurting, a trip the vet is really the only way to get answers and possibly help him.

I wish you the best of luck.
    alanad123 Posts: 102, Reputation: 5

Feb 11, 2015, 02:46 AM
    I had a hamster that this happened to, he was so cold too, I brought him out the case, filled up a hot water bottle and wrapped a soft blanket, I got my hamster and sat him on it and covered him with a bit of the blanket, I also brought some of his food and sat it beside him with some treats, within his reaching distance, I got him water bottle too. He seemed to be okay after that but I was really worried about him
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 10, 2015, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanad123 View Post
    I had a hamster that this happened to, he was so cold too, I brought him out the case, filled up a hot water bottle and wrapped a soft blanket, I got my hamster and sat him on it and covered him with a bit of the blanket, I also brought some of his food and sat it beside him with some treats, within his reaching distance, I got him water bottle too. He seemed to be okay after that but I was really worried about him
    So what's your diagnosis for the OP (original poster)?

Just because your hamster had a similar incident and apparently survived (you don't mention if he did or not), doesn't mean that the OP's hamster has the same affliction, or that the same treatment will work.

Only a vet can diagnose and treat an animal. No one online can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How did my hamster die? Should I get another hamster? [ 3 Answers ]

I got my first hamster at Christmas 2011. In the last couple of days I noticed he was acting a little weird. He was a lot more hyper and he would be up nibbling at the cage at 7am. I looked online for vets nearby but I couldn't see any that mentioned hamsters. The next day I came back from school...

My hamster [ 4 Answers ]

My hamster has a lump near to her bum a bit ruther up near her leg its quite big ? Please help

My hamster [ 7 Answers ]

My hamster seams like he has a sickness. He is shaking is cold, getting thin and doesn't want to eat anything even his favorite foods! WHAT DO I DO!? :(

Is my hamster going to be okay? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay this might be kind of a dumb question but whatever. I have a hamster named Larry and I pay attention to it and everything but I put it in it's plastic ball thingy and I forgot it was in there and kind of left it in there too long and when I tried to take it out it was going all crazy and when...

View more questions Search