Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snowcat63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2015, 09:54 AM
    The pump in my washer has to pump water up 9 feet to the drain line, pump fails
    I have no floor drain, so our washer has to pump the water up 9 feet to the drain line, so the pump fails after 6 months. Is there some way to put in a second pump to assist the washer pump or is there a better washing machine to buy that has a pump that can handle this kind of situation?

Any suggestion would be helpful...
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jan 31, 2015, 10:25 AM
    Your pump is to small. Mine has worked for over 50 years with only the pump being replaced one time. Are you using a 1/3 or 1/4 hp motor? I am pumping 8 feet. How is your pump failing? My system 2 parts, the pump and the motor. The motor should last a lifetime whereas the pump impellor can wear out and no longer lift the water.

I hope you are not using your washing machine to lift the water???? Just a little follow up, my washer pumps into the stationary tubs then drains down to the pump and motor on the floor then up to the drain.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2015, 06:55 PM
    " Mine has worked for over 50 years "
    You have a 50 year old washing machine?
    That aside, catonsville is correct. Your washing machine pump is designed to pump the water from the tub out a hose that is about 3 foot long, into a standpipe or a wash tub. What you could do is install a secondary pump, like a sump pump in a closed bit and used that to raise the water up to your plumbing system.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Mar 2, 2015, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Bound View Post
    " Mine has worked for over 50 years "
    You have a 50 year old washing machine?
    No only 2nd washing machine in 50+ years. With my setup the only weak link is the pump impeller driven by the 1/3 or 1/4 hp motor. Oh, almost forgot, the "timer switch" that turns on the motor has been replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have lost water to our hose, in the pump house the submersible pump motor trips [ 3 Answers ]

We lost water, so we went to the pump house the submersible pump motor tripped, we clicked the reset button and it builds pressure to about 38 PSI then trips again, so we replaced the motor, no change does same problem, so we replaced the 30/50 pressure switch, same problem exists.

Pump lost prime and overheated motor runs but does not pump is the pump fried [ 4 Answers ]

Over night the pump lost primed and melted the sched. 40 fittings I replaced all the fittings and cannot get pump to prime the motor runs is it possible that the propeller was damaged from the heat?//

Does a condenser centrifugal pump suit t work asa chilled water pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have 3 cenreifugal pump which are used for the condenser cooling water recirculation, may I could use it as a chilled water pumps and get another smaller pumps for cooling water recirculation, thank u in advance.

View more questions Search