Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tricky1549 Posts: 126, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2015, 08:27 AM
    Transmission fluid
    Hi, my son's car has over 150,000 miles on it and was told if he were to change the transmission fluid, it may be worse than not. Can some advise me the best way to go? Thank you

Jan 31, 2015, 08:35 AM
    And no, the nit nat hasn't changed the fluid once yet.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2015, 12:53 PM
    I've serviced many old cars and trucks in Texas like that and I drop and clean the pan and magnet, change the filter, and refill with full synthetic ATF (e.g. Mobil 1). Despite comments like you received, I've never had a problem.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 31, 2015, 08:36 PM
    If servicing the transmission reveals that there are more problems with the transmission... problems a flush won't fix... the flush sure wasn't the fault.

Feb 1, 2015, 04:59 AM
    I failed to say it is a Honda CRV and there is no problem with it as we speak. Thanks for that replies.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2015, 06:02 AM
    That makes it even easier and cheaper to do--just drain and refill, after it reaches normal operating temperature. Mobil 1 Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF should work fine, but be sure to check the specs.

Feb 1, 2015, 09:30 AM
    I was under the impression the Honda only took Honda ATF. THanks again
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2015, 11:09 AM
    The bottle of Mobil 1 Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF, in my hands, says suitable for Honda ATF-Z1. Ditto for Amsoil Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)--it meets Honda ATF-Z1 spec. I have used both of these products, in the appropriate Honda automatic transmissions, with great results. Just check the spec for your son's CRV and buy accordingly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transmission fluid [ 2 Answers ]

How do I add fluid

Do I need to remove some of my AT fluid before adding transmission fluid conditioner? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 20 oz. bottle of "lucas oil automatic transmission fluid conditioner" for my 93 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. It has 145,000 miles on it. I want to add a 20 oz. bottle of this lucas oil transmission fluid conditioner but don't know if I should remove some of my AT fluid before I...

No transmission fluid [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Hyundai accent. I was changing oil and mistakenly drained tranny fluid instead. I then put about 4 1/2 quarts of oil in engine on top of what was already in thinking I drained everything. About 8 1/2 quarts were in engine! I started car and let idle with all that oil and no tranny...

Transmission Fluid [ 2 Answers ]

I own a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. Where do you find the dipstick to check the transmission fluid and where is the opening to replace the transmission fluid? None of these are visible by looking under the hood.

Transmission fluid [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of fluid do I put in the transmission of a 94 honda civic 5 speed manual?

View more questions Search