Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 29, 2015, 01:29 PM
    2? The new champion of the poor has 6

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...es&FORM=RESTAB

This one looks like a small town doesn't it?

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2015, 01:36 PM
    Our new IL governor has at least nine homes (and other stuff, too).
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2015, 02:03 PM
    The land of the slaves and the home of the wealthy
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2015, 05:34 AM
    That's the path to riches in the US: go into politics, say whatever to get elected, line pockets with "donations" from special interest groups and big corps, then further their interests to keep the gravy train going.
    Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 06:39 AM
    Some think subsidizing the rich is okay, but building roads, bridges, and educating ordinary citizen is out of the question.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 08:22 AM
    Some think buying votes with confiscated wealth is okay, but getting out of debt is ludicrous.
    Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 08:36 AM
    You shouldn't have to buy votes* and paying taxes to support the needs of the country (especially after a recession caused by rich guys boo boo's) is not confiscation, if that's what you allude to, and managing debt (after 10 years and TWO wars) should be a common sense thing.

*They ain't buying votes the rich guys are buying influence of elected officials.
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 08:45 AM
    recession caused by rich guys boo boo's
    Rich guys = Politicians

The reason the economy crashed and has been slow to rebound is because of government intervention, not the market mechanism | AgainstCronyCapitalism.org
    Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 08:52 AM
    I dispute his premise as the author is clueless, and biased and has no facts just broad assertions.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2015, 09:00 AM
    some have the delusion that if you stick it to the rich then all the issue of the country will be solved . As the emperor proved this week ;the only way to fund utopian fantasies like "free" education is to stick it to the middle income folks . Thankfully his own party rebelled against him this time . But they don't mind screwing the middle income folks in many other way .

Now you make it sound that every road and bridge in the nation is in a state of disrepair .This is just not so . Actually if the funds that were collected for roads and bridges actually went to building and maintaining bridges and roads we'd be in real good shape. Instead ,highway funds goes to things like jogger paths .
    Here in NY ,the George Washington Bridge must've been paid for 1000X since it was built . The funds collected in tolls (now up to $15 per crossing for someone who doesn't have EZ Pass and much more money for tandems and other commercial vehicles) is sufficient to make any needed repair and to pave the roadway in solid gold .
    But the tolls pay for a whole bunch of BS not associated with the managing and maintanace of the bridge.
    Still I have no problem with users fees and even a reasonable level of taxation on gas . The problem is that now that gas prices are going down ;these so called champions of the 98% have no problem proposing an increase in the tax . Why should the people keep their money ? BUT ,when gas prices rose to $4-5 /gal you did not hear a peep from them proposing a reduction in the taxes.
    But that is the Dems M.O. They NEVER think that the people are taxed enough .

BTW ;Mittens decided he would not run in 2016 . Doing my Snoopy dance now!! guess you'll have to find someone else to trash.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2015, 09:28 AM
    Sarah Palin explains thought process for possible 2016 bid | On Air Videos | Fox News
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2015, 10:25 AM
    my choice (subject to changing circumstances ) is Scott Walker .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2015, 10:31 AM
    What does poor old "dead broke", world traveling, white privileged Hillary have?

As it stands I'd vote for Walker, too.
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 11:12 AM
    Walker's got the (recent) experience at dealing with hostile lawyers and media. Perry hasn't quite figured it out, it would seem. Christie is BOGO Romney. Jindal is staking out the Religious Right. None of the others really seem to be serious at this point.

It must be said that Palin's self-chosen role as Stalking Horse for the media is courageous as he!!
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2015, 11:38 AM
    Walker also hasn't been seduced by the argument made by some establishment GOP that since they lost twice to the emperor that they have to adopt the Dem causes and to concede the Dem's premise .
    Scott Walker Isn't Sorry - The Atlantic

He has won 3 races in 4 years ;and his surrogate candidates at the state level are undefeated ;this in a state where Republicans just don't win. He's done it by being virtually uncompromising in his conservative ideas in a very blue state .
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 12:23 PM
    It would be nice if the U.S. again got a candidate who had laid his life on the line for his country instead of just his hedge fund.
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2015, 03:05 AM
    give it some time . The Vietnam era is a little long in the tooth (best bet from that group would be Dem Jim Webb or maybe Thad Cochran unless you are thinking of retreads like JF Kerry ,John McCain ) . The WWII generation pols did not come of age for the Presidency until 1960 ,15 years after the end of the war. I guess if Jeff Sessions or Lindsey Graham threw their hats in the ring.......... But I'm waiting for someone like Alan West to emerge ;that won't happen this cycle.
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2015, 03:26 AM
    btw ....the Obamas gave $240,000 to their daughters’ 529 plans (and designed the tax plan to keep their own 529s growing tax free). He as Senator Obama voted to make 529s permanent in 2006. He praised them in his 2nd autobiography, and used some of the proceeds from the sale of the book to fund his daughters 529s. Now he calls them “ineffective,” “upside down” and “tilted toward the wealthy.”

Another question . The emperor did not make this proposal in a vacuum ,or did he ? Did he not consult any of the Dems on Capitol Hill before he made the proposal ? If he did ,who planned it with him . I'm thinking Elizabeth Warren ,the blond hair blue eyed Cherokee Senator had a say .
    I had been expecting the emperor to attempt an assault on 401K's and IRA's . It is no secret that the Dems desire to tax that large dollar pool. Maybe the popular revolt against the emperor's 529 dollar grab will tame those Dem impulses .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2015, 03:56 AM
    Come on Tom nothing tames the impulse to tax, the only question is who to tax, but it seems in some places the dalience with the right doesn't last long, be warned of a fickle electorate
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2015, 04:20 AM
    yeah I know . Abbott is taking some heat there over a very stupid act he did . When will he be ousted ? I'm thinking July ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift tax if you set up a 529 for yourself [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I would like to open an 529 account for myself . My question is that if I am the account owner as well as the beneficiary, does the gift tax rule apply in my case ? In other words, can I deposit a lump-sum of $80,000 when I open the 529 account without incurring any gift tax rule?...

Does a student file taxes for 529 withdrawl [ 3 Answers ]

If I withdraw money from my 529 college savings do I claim this on my taxes even though my parents claim me as a dependent? Also can I use my tuition payments as a write off?

Plan 529 for business school [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there: I am enrolled to start a part time MBA this fall in California. Since I will be a self-funded student, I would like advice on any tax breaks/credits I can get for my education. Furthermore, can someone let me know whether opening up a 529 plan would be beneficial (even though I'm...

Chapter 13, 401K and 529 plan [ 1 Answers ]

Currently filed a chapter 13 plan and I want to know if I'm able to contribute to my 401k or a 529 for my newborn. In addition, with horrible credit and a decent rate on my current mortgage can I do a refi?

View more questions Search