Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainCrinkley Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2015, 12:53 PM
    Bedroom water filled radiator on a flexable junction
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hi bet you haven't been asked this one before.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Is it at all possible to use a bedroom door to mount a water filled radiator?[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]We have no available wall space, and underfloor heating would be a problem, so could a seldom used door be a possibility. it would only ever be opened to forty five degrees. naturally we would expect to buy a suitable replacement door for the job.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Could flexible hose cope with that degree of movement, I'm hoping you have a much better solution.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Much appreciate your help[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]regards[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Mike[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]PS the only wall space is above the bed headboard area

Mike[/FONT][/COLOR]
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 27, 2015, 01:24 PM
    I see tons of color and font words clogging this question. Can you rewrite it without?
    I see no reason why you can't use Pex on a rad on a door in theory - but even the thin European ones are HEAVY!!
    If the Pex enters in a straight line and the door opens max 45 degrees, that means the Pex is bent 180 - 45 = 135 degrees. But the distance of the sweep counts too, and I cant envision yours. If it's going along a wall, that's one thing, but if it's coming up from below the floor and you want to twist it as you open the door, no.

I wouldn't do it. The real plumbers will be here soon. Please describe your situation more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filled up both tubs using warm water and water is light brown, in kithchen sink too [ 4 Answers ]

'Filled up both tubs using warm water and water is a light brown color. Also filled up sink in kitchen and same thing. Haven't noticed it in showering.. Opened door to hot water heater and did not see any leaks. Should I call a plumber. Don't know first thing about hot water heaters. It is 14 years...

Junction box proximity to water lines [ 3 Answers ]

I've recently begun finishing my basement. In the mechanical room, I have a series of junction boxes about 2' away from my manablock system and will likely have a sewage ejector pump running overhead in the future... I'm not a fan of junction boxes and, of course, never hide them; but I was...

Bedroom radiator problem [ 2 Answers ]

(MOVED FROM PLUMBING) The radiator in the spare bedroom only heats up at the bottom and not the top, tried bleeding it and no water came out after aout 20 minutes, so put the screw back in, not sure if its connected? I was told there may be air in the system, What's the solution? Thank you, Stacey

Hot water radiator / water refill valve [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here and apologize in advance for my long posting - but I want to give all the info I have and get all my questions out there. I've been struggling with my heating system for about a month now. First, the system was running continuously with no thermostat control. I called someone...

Water-filled hourglass ? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having the hardest time figuring out what these were called, but somewhere around the mid-nineties Spencers and Hallmark were chock full of them - hourglass type gadgets that were filled with water and tiny drops of colored oil, that when turned over would fall, turning a series of wheels...

View more questions Search