Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmb73vette Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2015, 05:39 PM
    Radiant diamond cut grade?
    I'm looking at pricescope sorting diamonds. I know GIA doesn't grade cut on fancy shaped diamonds so how do they determine how well a diamond is cut? They do range from no grade to ex to poor? I know a lot of online suppliers don't own the diamond or even see it so where would they get the "cut grade info"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 06:04 PM
    Online would get it from the people they are buying it from to re-sale.

I would never (did I say never) buy diamonds online because you can not have them inspected prior to purchase. If one is discussing a high end purchase, they should be examined by an independent person to determine value.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CID 14K HDS Emerald cut emerald solitaire with 12 diamond accents [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a ring that has a emerald cut Green stone (I think real Emerald) and 12 Diamond accents... 6 on each side of the emerald. Inside the band it is marked CID... 14K... HDS... then it has 319 116 on the other side of the band. ANY IDEA ON WHAT THESE MEAN? I was told that the HDS is for...

I have a ring with a diamond shape 10k in it wondering what the diamond stamp means [ 0 Answers ]

What is or who made the diamond stamp in my ring

Is it true that Kay jewlery made the diamond cut? [ 3 Answers ]

I saw the "Every kiss begins with Kay" commercial and it says that someone made the diamond cut. Is this true?

View more questions Search