Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2015, 04:51 PM
    Thinking in another language?
    All right this is weird but, I've been trying to learn Spanish. And whenever I watch Spanish channels on TV I always try to translate to English so I can understand, but it's annoying as I can't keep the pace with their speech by doing that. So is it possible to think in that language instead of subconsciously always trying to translate everything?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 25, 2015, 04:58 PM
    The best way to start learning a new language is thinking it. Kind of hard to explain, but when you truly learn it, u think it first in a conversation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2015, 06:46 PM
    Yes, it will happen over time, months or years.

My wife started learning English about 18 months ago. She can now "think" some in english but not to the point of following all of a movie or TV show.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my ex girlfriend thinking? Could she be thinking about me and what we've lost [ 12 Answers ]

So here's the deal, a little more than a year ago I met this girl. Our chemistry was so fricken intense. We started seeing each other, things felt awesome when we were together. If I were to imagine my perfect love, it would be her. We loved the same music (which is underground and hard to find),...

What if community language is my national language [ 1 Answers ]

Australian community language Urdu is my national language. Now, please tell me in this case if I want to claim these points what documents are required? Even I am native Urdu speaker.

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

View more questions Search