Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Biancarose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2015, 03:48 PM
    How can I get safari to stop prompting me to allow Facebook
    While using Safari, when I want to go to a website, I am prompted to allow Facebook. They error I get is, "Safari can't verify the identity of the website "www.facebook.com". I always hit the cancel key, and eventually make it to the website I am trying to get to. But, why is it always trying to take me to Facebook in the first place?
    Biancarose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2015, 05:10 PM
    Are the continual Facebook prompts a virus, or if is just a quirk?
    When I am trying to open non-Facebook websites, I am constantly getting this certificate error while using Safari:"Safari can't verify the identity of the website "www.facebook.com". The certificate for this website is invalid. You might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be www.facebook.com, which could put your confidential information at risk. Would you like to connect to the website anyway?It appears that I am being redirected to Facebook. Is this a Safari quirk, or is this a virus?
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jan 25, 2015, 06:51 AM
    That is something Facebook put in place to let people know they were leaving Facebook and the link they clicked may be a virus, keylogger etc.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 25, 2015, 07:02 AM
    This person isn't leaving Facebook.
    I think it's a site posing as facebook which you have allowed on without realizing it.
    Look in your list of programs and see if you have two facebooks, one of which is slightly different, and see if you can remove it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer is adding to an ip address without prompting [ 1 Answers ]

I have two Crestron control panels operating HVAC in two separate locations that I want to access over the internet via my PC. Each control panel has a different ip address. One of the control panels is already located in my "favorites" and is accessible. I am trying to access the second control...

My Garage door opens at night without prompting. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a forclosed home and the Garage door opener didi not come with remotes. It's a Craftsman 1/2 horse. I bought 2 handheld remote openers and they work fine, but I think the original owners still have the remote (and I know they live around the corner) because my garage door opens in the...

DSL pppoe connects automatically, without prompting [ 2 Answers ]

DSL pppoe connects automatically, without prompting. This is a problem that has happened before and I resolved it, but I do not recall how. I have tried many things, including SpyBot, etc. but nothing seems to work. I have deleted the connection. Any ideas?

View more questions Search