Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adoucet0826 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2015, 12:12 PM
    Gas valve won't open
    Hi

Have a 58zav115, sn 5094a09437 gas valve doesn't open,. Inducer motor runs, igniter comes on,. But no gas?
    Checked continuity have no continuity across pressure sensor, but even when I bypass that,. No gas ?
    I have resistance across valve solenoid wiring, should I have?

Thanks

Al
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Jan 24, 2015, 03:58 PM
    If you jumper the switch then it won't open the gas valve. The board checks to make sure the switch is open before the sequence can start.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2015, 07:41 PM
    Most furnaces have a small window in the blower door through which you can see a (usually red) light. Count the number of blinks then open the blower door. On the inside of the blower door should be a key to the blink code.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace gas valve won't open . [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have same problem as skoobahead. So I decided to jump 24v straight to gas valve and it did open up. I only show 15v at valve also. Board is new.

Gas valve won't open [ 2 Answers ]

My Lennox G 20 furnace starts up well but the gas valve doesn''t open. A repairman said there was voltage to the gas valve but insufficient to open it. He suggested the ignition module. As both of these parts are expensive and only one is faulty, I am wondering if this diagnosis sounds...

I have a mueller climatrol furnace and the gas valve won't open or stay open. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a mueller climatrol furnace in which the gas valve won't open or stay open. We think it is electrical problem. Back in the summer, my air went out and a friend did wiring to bypass so the air would work for time being. At that time, before the bypassing to get air to work, the heat...

Carrier furnace gas valve won't open [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, My carrier furnace is on the fritz. I am receiving a 34 code which states"ignition proving failure" The blower fan starts and the hot surface ignitor lights but no gas flows. I replaced the ignitor with a new one-no help. The flame sensor is clean.When I check voltage at the gas valve...

View more questions Search