Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonewoof56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2015, 02:11 PM
    Kohler 14 HP from about 1974: (Power King 1614 tractor), blows oil out carb
    Kohler 14 HP from about 1974: (Power King 1614 tractor), blows oil out carb. I saw the oil all over, and replaced the head gasket, which was in fact leaking, but now, though it runs great, it blows oil out the carb... air filter case had oil in it, and smoke is wafting out of carb. When I had the head off, I saw the intake valve was black and gobbed up a bit, but I just scraped it off and put it all back together...

1. Is it the valve sticking that's causing the oil to blow out?
    2. Can it be addressed without replacing the valve?
    3 I have heard of dripping some fuel oil or diesel into the intake as the engine runs to lube the valve stem... never done it...
    $ COUl itbe somethng else?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2015, 12:30 PM
    Check your block breather , sounds like its clogged . Or could be oil ring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power king tractor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Have a power king tractor 16/18 won't start. Battery is good had it checked at auto parts store. Put new solenoid on. Cleaned battery posts. When I turn key it just makes a click sound from solenoid. Tractor ran well before it sat for a month with out starting. Where should I check next? ...

I have a K321S engine on a power king tractor. The PO butchered the wiring and I [ 1 Answers ]

I have a K321S engine on a power king tractor. The PO butchered the wiring and I'm trying to put it back to the original setup. I bought the power king ignition switch and tried hooking it up by the wiring diagram in the manual but there isn't a complete diagram on the ignition wiring, i.e. where...

Kohler motor blowing oil into the carb. [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Sears riding lawn mower with a Kohler Command 14.5 hp motor. Ran fine until it stopped. It is now blowing oil into the carb via a short hose that appears to come from some kind of breather on the front of the motor (facing forward in the chassis). I have no experience with Kohler and...

View more questions Search