Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hillbilly1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2015, 03:50 PM
    Remove stick on tiles from hard wood floors
    How to remove stick on floor tiles from hard wood floors?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 22, 2015, 04:11 PM
    Warm with hair dryer and lift with drywall knife.
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jan 22, 2015, 09:59 PM
    Or an ironer on low setting cover with aluminum foil.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 23, 2015, 06:03 PM
    You could also use a steam mop, the steam and heat will loosen the tiles. It will still take effort to remove them afterwards, especially the glue residue left behind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use self-stick primer on existing peel & stick tiles? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to put some new peel and stick tile down over the existing peel & stick tiles that's already there. The guy at Lowe's advised me to use Henry Bond Enhancer but the directions on the back doesn't say if this could be used on tile. Please help me.

What kind of hard wood floors to use. [ 18 Answers ]

I am going to be tearing up my carpet and I would like some advice on what type of laminate flooring to choose. I have very light cupboards, and a darker kitchen tile. My walls are like a kaki green in kitchen and a yellow in my living room. I don't want to go as light as my cupboards (see pic...

Fix bumpy hard wood floors? [ 3 Answers ]

My 15 year old dog urinated on my hard wood floor and now it is kind of bumpy in that spot. How can I fix this? I have read that I cannot sand it because it is thinner than the older hardwood floors. My house is only two years old, so my floor is pretty new. I am hoping that I will not have to...

Hard wood floors under carpet [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I are moving into a house that has carpet in the living room, dining room and hallway. We'd love to rip it up because there are hard wood floors underneath. What are the chances that they're in good enough shape that we don't need to refinish them? I ripped back a piece of carpet in...

Laying new tile floors left mess on my wood floors [ 1 Answers ]

I had my wood floors removed from my kitchen and new tile laid. Unfortunately, there is mastic residue on the wood floors remaining in my family room. They are Bruce hardwoods a about 12 years old. How can I clean them?

View more questions Search