Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 20, 2015, 05:34 AM
    Disputing a charge
    On December 13 I made an electronic purchase for a Christmas gift at a popular department store. I used my credit card. Before I go further, this is my first credit card in many years and have never had any prior problems. Well, this time there was an issue with the purchase. They had to refund my account and repurchase the item.

I received my statement that was itemized on January 9 and it appears this item was charged twice. No credit appears. The department store says they show a credit, but my card company does not show a credit. Where do I go from here? Is it too late to dispute the second charge?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 20, 2015, 05:51 AM
    Not at all. Just call the card company (phone number should be on your statement), tell them that there was supposed to be a credit issued and it does not show on the statement. Tell them you have talked with the merchant and confirmed they issued the credit.

I had a similar situation last year. I purchased something from a web site. It had a 60 money back guarantee. And it was to be billed in 3 installments. We returned the item and the on our next bill we saw a credit for 2 of the payments. I thought it might be a timing issue so I waited for the next statement, but the credit didn't appear. So I first called the merchant who said their records show 3 credits issued. So I called the card issuer. There was some confusion because of the amounts being the same, but eventually I was credited with all three payments, plus interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disputing an Inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

Regarding disputing an inheritance, before my my mother died she changed her will excluding me from the will. I was always supposed to get 1/3 of her estate,instead she has left some money to my two children (am not sure of amount). My brother is excutor and agrees that I should have 1/3. I have...

Disputing on line ? [ 8 Answers ]

I am disputing on line and had some things taken off all the CRAs, but I was also told that they can reoccur in 30 days!! I also wrote some collection agency's dispute/verification letters and noticed that they appear on my report / disputed by consumer. But the thing is if they come back...

Disputing Dr. Bills [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if you can dispute DR. bills with the credit bureaus. I have heard that it is even illegal for it to be on there. Is this true. I have disputed Dr. bills before and they sent me a letter back saying they can't even remove it. Can anyone help me with this question?

Disputing lien [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Fr_Chuck, WOW! That was quick. Thank you. She got this judgement after I'd moved. I knew nothing about it until Feb of this year. I didn't go to court because I knew nothing about it.

View more questions Search