Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mickster4 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2015, 07:35 PM
    Have a Factory Job that I hate, what should I do?
    I just started in working in a factory job last week and I hate to say it but it is mind-numbing work. Got a social work degree last December and having trouble finding a job where I'm located (Upper Peninsula of Michigan). What should I do? Quit and find another job? Move to some place (city) where there is more jobs in my field?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2015, 07:39 PM
    Do you have a bachelor's or an MSW? Have you checked out hospitals, nursing homes, health-care rehabs, schools, and other places that hire social workers?

Jan 19, 2015, 07:42 PM
    I have a bachelors in social work, thinking a lot going back to school to get my masters in Social Work! Just don't know if I want to go back to where I got my bachelors (Lexington, KY; University of Kentucky) would love out west like Arizona, Nevada, Cali (Love the Heat)!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2015, 07:54 PM
    So why not go to school in the Southwest?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 19, 2015, 08:14 PM
    Jobs are hard to come by right now. I wouldn't move on, or move away, until you have something else in place.

Jan 19, 2015, 08:15 PM
    Well for one I would have to pay out-of-state tuition if I went to school right away! Plus I really have no money since I haven't been working, so the living situation would be kind of rough! Just don't want to make a mistake that I can't get out of!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 19, 2015, 08:17 PM
    If you can't afford to go back to school, can't afford to move, then the answer seems pretty clear to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't hate my job, I hate my co-worker(s) [ 23 Answers ]

Do you ever have a day in the office where everything is going grand until you see that one person that really grinds your gears. Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when in fact she makes a million or more errors daily. How...

I hate my job!! [ 20 Answers ]

O.k. So here's the deal I am 18 and about two months ago my cousin helped me get this retail job. I have never worked retail before but jumped at the chance for some extra cash ;) now two months in I really hate it there the other employees are nasty to me the managers are terrible and they don't...

I hate my job [ 2 Answers ]

I will thank you in advance for taking the time to read my complicated issues at my work place. I work front desk at Quality Inn and Suites in Canada. Where to start. I will begin by saying that the guests are not the problem, the guests are generally friendly. The problem is that our management...

One of those "I hate my job" days [ 15 Answers ]

When you have a 'I Hate My Job' day, try this: On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy and go to the Thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson Be very sure you get this brand. When you get home, lock your doors, Draw the curtains and...

I hate my Job [ 6 Answers ]

A lot of people may know me from The Naked Brothers Band. I play rosalina, Sometimes I wish I was a normal 16 year old. You see I can't go out with my friends without a HUGE crowed. It's cool at first but, with my friends sometimes I only think their my friends cause of Allie Demico the actor. It's...

View more questions Search