Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkymicky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2015, 04:02 AM
    Dividend by way of contra account
    When a dividend is paid by way of contra of account i.e offset the amount due to company, is classified as distribution in specie?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 19, 2015, 07:15 AM
    I don't think so. This is the definition of specie. I'm not sure what country you are in; you appear to be asking an accounting question; but as I understand it, you are talking about an offset, not payment in coins.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a contra account be considered a temporary account [ 2 Answers ]

Can a contra account be considered a temporary account

Contra expense account [ 3 Answers ]

I have a member of our llc that borrowed a lot of money on personal credit cards to start and keep the business. He declared bankruptcy. All his debt was erased. The company had been paying the credit cards but also could not pay any longer, hence the personal bankruptcy. How do I write off...

What is contra account [ 1 Answers ]

How to record revenue of sales into a journal and how do I know which contra account to use? If I sold a room for $100 I will credit my sales account correct? Which account would I need to debit?

Asset account and its contra account balance is called? [ 2 Answers ]

I was unable to fined the answer to this question in my learning material. Thank you in advance for any help with this question.:)

Contra account? [ 5 Answers ]

Could someone please give me a simple example/s of contra account and a simple explanation of what it is. Thanks

View more questions Search