Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmb73vette Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2015, 11:12 AM
    Goodman furnace - insuring safety is correct
    Had a few good learning steps! Ok so I ended up replacing a bad blower. Now got everything seeming to work correctly but I remember when the blower wasn't running with the bad blower the furnace would cut off into safe mode. I don't remember how long though it took.
    I unplugged the wire for the blower fan for the heat setting to see if this safety feature worked.
    Doesn't seem to. I think I have two wires mabye backwards?
    Where should I start?
    There id one I'm not sure they could be backwards.
    Two red wires that go to the aux lim and says limit switch
    So if this wire are backwards doe the switch stay open/close so the limit doesn't kick in?
    Also how long before the limit switch take to kick in if the blower isn't working?
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Jan 18, 2015, 02:02 PM
    It's not possible to wire the limit switch back ward's. Burner's should shut down within say 2 minutes with no fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GMH8 goodman furnace won't stay lit. The furnace lights for about 2 seconds [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Furnace GMH8 that is 4 years old and has been working fine but today it will not stay lit. The furnace lights for about 2 seconds and then goes out. The blower comes on and will continue to run as the furnace lights and then goes out several times before shutting off.

How to change Goodman Furnace fuse and correct wiring problem [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a foreclosed house that had 3 furnaces (each for one level of the house) and two humidifiers (one for first floor and the other for the second floor). But the former owner took the furnace for the basement and the humidifier for the second floor). I had a furnace guy installed a new...

Goodman furnace with 3 blinking lights and furnace has flame roll back [ 7 Answers ]

I have a GMNT-080-4B Some times I get a 3 blink light issue and then when it starts it has a flame roll back. Also I have to change the ignitor every year. Any help would be great

My Goodman GMP050 furnace's igniter won't shut off after the furnace cycles. Why? [ 0 Answers ]

On my 15 yr old Goodman GMP050, the preigniter stays hot orange even after the furnace cycles properly. I've sanded the flame sensor and the igniter but it still stays on till I shut off the electricity at the furnace. Any thoughts? It's COOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

View more questions Search