Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smsnb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2015, 10:45 PM
    My puppy pees and poops in the house
    After living with us for 1 week and peeing and pooping outside today she peed in the house 3 times, once on her pillow and then pooped inside. We had taken her out three or four times and she did nothing.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 16, 2015, 10:46 PM
    How old is she?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 07:45 PM
    If you have a puppy or any dog new to your home, a week isn't enough time to have everything all worked out. ;Routines need to be established and constant observation is needed if they are young.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 07:49 PM
    How old is she?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 18, 2015, 07:27 PM
    How old is she? What are you doing to potty train? Are you taking her out often enough? So many questions, and more info would really help give you an accurate answer to your question. What you've provided isn't enough. Please reply.
    Xlandria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2015, 03:13 AM
    As mentioned above, you MUST have a regular routine for the puppy, taking or letting her out at the same times every day. You need to observe how often she goes, peeing every hour, bowl movement once in the morning, once in the afternoon, then take her outside at those times. Someone needs to go out with her so that when she does her business she can be praised & given a small dog treat. Dogs love praise & want to please the owners, so be sure to pet her and tell her what a good girl she is. On the flip side, if she goes to the bathroom inside, you must talk to her sternly with disapproval in your voice, point at her mess, and saying something like, "This is unacceptable, NO, No! The immediately take her out. Soon she should figure it out. But it has to be a constant routine, otherwise the dog gets confused, she'll never understand and you'll have a dog that's not housebroken & your house will smell like it! Good luck
    lady_bug_miss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2015, 10:09 PM
    You should analyze your dogs after she eats to see how long it takes her to go to the bathroom. Once you find the timing you should take her out around that time until she uses the bathroom. Take her places where other dogs may go to bathroom so she can know other dogs do it outside too. It may not happen in a day, but repeat once she is familiar with the routine.
    Pets Expert

May 12, 2015, 07:55 PM
    I hope that in the last 4 months since this question was posted, that the poster figured it out. Wish he/she had come back and provided more info, but it seems to be a one hit wonder. It happens too often.
    spicywings Posts: 85, Reputation: 9

May 12, 2015, 08:25 PM
    But she's only a puppy and it's been a week, correct? You have to give her more time. Be consistent and patient. She/He will get there.
    Pets Expert

May 12, 2015, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spicywings View Post
    But she's only a puppy and it's been a week, correct? You have to give her more time. Be consistent and patient. She/He will get there.
    This person posted in January. It has now been 4 months since her post, and she never came back with more info, or to read what has been written.

In other words, she wrote her question, and didn't check the answers and advice given. Which sadly means that she's really not worth moving to the top of the questions being asked so that more people respond.

So let's stop responding and let her post make it's way down the list and concentrate on the new posters, people that are actually here wanting help, not one hit wonders that don't even bother to read the advice given.
    spicywings Posts: 85, Reputation: 9

May 12, 2015, 08:38 PM
    Agree, Alty. Thank you.
    Pets Expert

May 12, 2015, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spicywings View Post
    Agree, Alty. Thank you.
    No worries.

It would be nice if the original poster came back, gave more info, posted an update, but sadly most don't. There are too many people that post and if they don't get an answer in 2 seconds, they leave and never come back, and we're left guessing, answering a question that really can't be answered, and doesn't matter enough to the poster to show some patience.

It's the nature of being online. It sometimes sucks royally! :(

All we can do is hope to help one person with their dog. Hopefully if that person cares enough, they'll wait for the answer, or opinion. :)
    GorgeousGrandma Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jun 7, 2015, 09:43 PM
    Yes have your puppy on a schedule. Also do what do you do when you are unable to watch your puppy. I'm very fond of crate training. My babies are young one is 11weeks and the other is only 5 weeks. It's a lot having to take them out every 3-4 hours well 2 with the 5week old. I love them :) once they are house broke they will have constant free roam of the house 24/7.
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 05:21 PM
    GG (Gorgeous Grandma), how is it that you have a 5 week old puppy? It should not be away from it's mother until it's at least 8 weeks of age, and in most places it's illegal to re-home before 8 weeks of age.

As for your advice, it's accurate, but please read the posts before yours. This poster was a one hit wonder. Posted a question, and never came back. Her puppy is now 5 months older than when she posted, and obviously it wasn't that big a problem, otherwise she would have come back to post more info to get more accurate advice.

Just saying. :)

Jun 8, 2015, 05:29 PM
    Wow no need to be rude js and the mom stopped feeding!
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 05:32 PM
    Wasn't being rude, asking how it came to be that you have a 5 week old puppy.

Thanks for explaining why.

Jun 8, 2015, 05:50 PM
    No telling me to check the date I am still rather new
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 06:10 PM
    Sometimes rescues are too young, but it has to be that way. Taffy was rescued at five weeks old. I only wish I could have taken all three at the time. That was 20 years ago and she has now passed on but she turned out just super! God bless her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My puppy pees outside but poops inside [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 weeks old pomchi who pees outside fine but has a problem pooping outside. He gives us almost no warning before just going, I have been just trying to take him out when he wakes up, eats, etc and he seems to get it, but I was just wondering if he will naturally start to give us more...

14 week old puppy does not care where she poops or pees [ 1 Answers ]

14 week old german shepherd poops and pees everywhere, crate, floor, where ever, when ever and right in front of us!! We are constantly taking her out to go, waiting and waiting for her to go, rewarding her to death with treats and praise when she does go, and she still poops and pees were ever and...

My puppy pees and poops all over the house, even where he sleeps [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 month old japanese spitz puppy is peeing and pooping all over the house. Even he poops jumping over my bed. I've saved this puppy when it was one month old. From then, I've tried every method, but it didn't work. I tried to make him potty on the newspaper, but he didn't do regularly. Now, I...

My puppy 22 weeks old and still pees and poops around my house help? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 22 week old puppy she is a chi cross jack russell she is driving me made she is pooing and pee all over my house even though she has a dog flap she wiill pee right in front of me and poo she knows what she has done so please can you help me and my 4 children thank you

5-month-old cocker spaniel puppy still pees and poops in house [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 5 month old cocker spaniel puppy who knows to pee and poop outside and will even do both on command. However, he still will go in the house if he needs to; even if we've recently taken him outside. He will pee right in front of us, and if he has to poop, he'll go behind a couch or in...

View more questions Search