Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitsum araya Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2015, 04:11 PM
    Gallbladder aspiration
    Hi
    I did gallbladder aspiration before 1 month. Yesterday I did blood test it was OK no infection. But I heard that it can develop cancer after years. Is it true?

Thank you
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 16, 2015, 04:23 PM
    Considering what I understand a gallbladder aspiration to be, I cannot see how this could produce cancerous cells. I would liken it to cleaning out your sinuses with saline. It isn't going to cause cancer. I don't believe you have anything to worry about.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 16, 2015, 05:35 PM
    WHY did you even have aspiration is the question. These days the gallbladder is removed unless there are serious other problems. So this is between you and your doctors!
    fitsum araya Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2015, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    WHY did you even have aspiration is the question. These days the gallbladder is removed unless there are serious other problems. So this is between you and your doctors!
    Just to check if there is TB in my gallbladder . The result is negative. My gallbladder is normal except thickening. No pain except the biopsy

Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Considering what I understand a gallbladder aspiration to be, I cannot see how this could produce cancerous cells. I would liken it to cleaning out your sinuses with saline. It isn't going to cause cancer. I don't believe you have anything to worry about.
    Thank you for your helpful response

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gallbladder aspiration [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I did gallbladder aspiration before 1 month for latent TB and the result is still negative. Now I have little pain around and inside the punctured area. Is there any long term side effects of the biopsy ? Thank you

Gallbladder problems [ 2 Answers ]

What do I need to stay away from if I have a bad gallbladder? And how can I stop the gallbladder attacks that cause my stomach to hurt so bad?

Gallbladder [ 3 Answers ]

Nausea,swollen stomach, pulsating pain between shoulder blades,burping.heart racing Hospital test was okay for no stones. But the squeeze test showed the gallbladder was Malfunctioning. One doctor said to remove it. Two doctors said for non-removal. But all said maybe the pain was being caused...

Gallbladder [ 1 Answers ]

For 10 years they have been working on opening my coronary arteries. But I still always had the same pain. A throbbing pain in the middle Of my back, nausea, stomach distended but no pain, burping, shortness of breath. Turns out To be my gallbladder all along. Other doctors told me the...

Gallbladder what can I [ 2 Answers ]

I have gallbladder diease I'm afraid to eat because it makes me worse and I was told to eat veg. and friut but there has to be something else for me to eat.. someone please help

View more questions Search