Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NCoppedge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2015, 09:41 AM
    How to formulate objective knowledge
    This is actually a question by someone who has thought of an objective knowledge system. But, what does an educated person think objective knowledge consists of?

In my own work, I refer to the recently published Dimensional Philosopher's Toolkit, which provides a method called categorical deduction which is metaphorical for math, but uses qualities.

Does anyone have a better answer? Is there any consensus on how to reach for objective knowledge without Nathan Coppedge's methods?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2015, 10:04 AM
    I don't know about consensus, but my version is take note and pay attention, as more will be revealed later. In this way you keep your mind open to more facts and don't get stuck on popular current opinion. The quest for knowledge is an ongoing endeavor that like life and reality requires adjustments along the way. Not just in thoughts but actions.

Is this homework? If it is I recommend additional reading. Try Karl Popper and let me know. He is but one of many published eggheads that like formulas.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 16, 2015, 11:02 AM
    Looking for an 'objective knowledge system' is just a lot of words.
    I subscribe to the old joke "Everything you know is wrong."

Objective vs subjective could take a big fat book, half philosophy.
    Knowledge can take another.
    Knowledge is supposed to be truth, even if it's knowledge about something no longer true.
    Truth can take a whole set of books.

To me, there are only two truths, love and beauty, the most subjective concepts of all. They are truths because they are universal, even if different for each person.

Math and scientific method do their best to keep approximating truth, but they change constantly. We apply them to our theories and TRY to draw conclusions that we call objective knowledge, but we are challenged by others, as we should be. And objective knowledge morphs on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi can you help me formulate a title in thesis about management? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi can you help me formulate a title in thesis about management particularly in marketing strategies or leadership, I was having a hard time making title.. can you help me please? Thanks in advance!

Formulate a hypothesis for a project proposal [ 3 Answers ]

I am seeking help to formulate a hypothesis for a project proposal in Anthropology on the general topic of Diabetes & Nutrition along the following lines: If Blood glucose control through a balanced nutrition (and a healthy lifestyle) can reduce the incidence of diabetes within a population (and...

Is organizational knowledge basically equivalent to the knowledge possessed by the in [ 1 Answers ]

Is organizational knowledge basically equivalent to the knowledge possessed by the individuals in the organization?

Formulate Answer [ 1 Answers ]

Caledonia is considering two additional mutually exclusive projects. The cash flows associated with these projects are as follows: YEAR PROJECT A PROJECT B 0 −$100,000 −$100,000 1 32,000 0 2 32,000 0 3 32,000 0 4 32,000...

View more questions Search