Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mladd1958 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2015, 06:23 PM
    Tell me about Min-Chex for anxiety
    I was recently diagnosed with panic disorder and accompanying agoraphobia. I am taking Lorazepam and seeing a psychologist.
    A friend who suffers from the same as I do has suggested a supplement called Min- Chex.
    Do any of you know about this or have tried it? She said it has helped her a lot.
    Thank you for any info.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 14, 2015, 06:29 PM
    Proprietary Blend: 274 mg Bovine orchic Cytosol™ extract†, magnesium citrate, manganese lactate, bovine liver†, porcine stomach†, soy (bean)†, bovine spleen†, ovine spleen†, para-aminobenzoate†, defatted wheat (germ)†, porcine brain†, and ascorbic acid.
    †Daily Value (DV) not established.
    Other Ingredients: Calcium lactate, kelp, gelatin, niacinamide, water, pyridoxine hydrochloride, and calcium stearate.

I wouldn't pay a dime for it. I wouldn't take it if you paid me. (Do you know what the first ingredient is? Bull testicles, thought to contain testosterone, but no proof. And how would that help with panic in the least?)

Just my opinion. Eat a healthy diet, practice meditation, find a therapy group.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 15, 2015, 07:27 AM
    Don't even take a vitamin without checking with your Doctor or Pharmacist, particularly while you are on prescribed medication.

http://www.patientslikeme.com/treatments/detail/4499-minchex-supplements-side-effects-and-efficacy
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jan 15, 2015, 10:43 AM
    I would talk to your psych doc first, even supplements can affect how prescriptions work and do harm. Never start taking any over counter things without talking to a professional about what you are all ready taking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Min Pin [ 6 Answers ]

I Got Question and I need some answers please help I Donno what to do with her She's a sick sick Dog That the lady who had her before I bought her should not have sold her to me I think she should have kept her... Dog eat's Panties Toilet paper Baby diapers You Name It... She's about 6...

My min pin [ 1 Answers ]

My min pin was spayed, she is a year old now, she has lately been acting like she wants to mate with my wife's feet,specifically the toe.there is no blood involved and I asked the vet and she said that this is strange behavior.is it

View more questions Search