Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nousername23333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2015, 09:09 AM
    Water particles
    Contrast and explain the motion of a wave form and the motion of water particles affected by a wave
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2015, 09:27 AM
    Sounds like a homework question...

Give it an attempt, tell us what you know, and someone will probably try to help you out. No freebies here.

Hint: Your answer probably has a bit to do with surface tension, or cohesion of water molecules.

Reading:
    Water, waves, ripples
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2015, 04:35 PM
    Is water an ionic compound? Strong or weak? Why does it take so much energy to boil water when it has such a low molecular weight?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 15, 2015, 01:45 PM
    ma0541 - I have no idea why you're talking about ionic bonds - it's completely off topic.

To the OP - Ever notice how waves on the surface of a lake or the ocean move along the surface, but items floating on top of the water simply bob up and down as the waves pass underneath them? That should get you started, but I bet your text book has a picture of how the water molecules under the wave tend to move in a small circular pattern as theh wave passes overhead.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2015, 09:22 PM
    Sorry, Hydrogen bonding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small black particles, milky water and organic smell from hot water from tankless [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new tankless hot water heater installed at my house. When I run hot water in the tub, there are always small black particles that are easily visible (about this size of small seeds).. sometimes the water has a milky color to it that always clears.. but water sometimes looks a bit dirty.....

I have white particles and sand particles in my well water [ 1 Answers ]

Well water problem-over the last couple years the water pressure has been decreasing and the water filter is plugging up weekly with what appears to be tiny white plastic and sand particles the filter is before water softener and hot water heater but after pressure tank any help would be...

Black particles in water [ 0 Answers ]

The city just replaced the main at the street in Orange Park, fl. Is anyone else having these problems live in OP. It happens when my sister is gone from home for a week or two, and the water hasn't been running. The city just cleaned out their lines, and the water had the black particles in it...

Salt/Sand particles in water, low water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

This evening we noticed that the main kitchen sink lost all pressure and sand/salt was appearing in the water from all sinks/showers. How is this happening and how do you fix it?

View more questions Search