Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    19trisha91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2015, 08:42 PM
    Hair dye emergency!
    About a year ago I dyed my hair in a salon a beautiful red to blonde ombré. To get the blonde part the stylist bleached my ends... it turned out honey and looked great. I haven't touched it since ( I was giving my hair a break) and now I want to dye it back to red. I don't mind if I have an ombré type look going but I'm afraid that the bleached ends will turn out some whacked out color. I'm going to use a boxed dye ( I know it's terrible) but I'm in a real pinch time wise... How should I expect it to turn out on those bleached ends? My hair normally takes red really really well.. I'm lucky that way.
    Kezzy5 Posts: 212, Reputation: 4

Jan 13, 2015, 09:30 AM
    I bleached my ends blonde and I dyed it red and my ends went a lighter red than the rest of my hair it looks nice but now it more of a light pinky red. As bleech is really hard to get out! But I had to dye the red twice because first time went really quick and went a lighter red. What I'm trying to aim at as it should just go a lighter shade of red.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2015, 10:04 AM
    Do you have time to try a spot?

Pick an inconspicuous amount of your ends you wouldn't mind cutting off and test the color on that spot, if you like it, go forward from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to re dye my hair from light to dark how long after u dye your hair can u redo [ 0 Answers ]

Attempted to go from dark brownish black hair to light brown with blonde highlights, and my hair is a bronze and gold color now, if I buy a dark color will my hair take it and will my hair be severely damaged from too much hair dye to fast?

I've just put a light brown hair dye on my blonde highlighted hair.can I re dye it [ 1 Answers ]

I've just put a brown hair dye on my blonde highlighted hair. Its not brown enough. Can I put another hair dye on or is it too soon?

Dark home hair dye to Light salon dye. Will my hair fall out? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for about 7 years now. I have used both home hair dye kits as well as visits to salons to have my hair done. After having a few bad experiences with certain salons (eg. Colorists dying my skin as well as my hair, bad and wrong coloring... etc... ). Although it has been...

View more questions Search