Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ry65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2015, 06:17 PM
    Why haven't I found my passion?
    I'm a 20 year old college student, and I am majoring in Biology on my way to a Bachelor of Science degree. I enjoy my major, as I do have some interest in Biology, but recently I have been feeling really down because I haven't found my true passion or calling. I am in my second semester of my 2nd year and I have no idea what I want to do with my degree when I am finished school. I also don't have a true hobby that I do everyday, nothing to call my passion. I love to play soccer, listening and finding new music, playing hockey, and a few other things, but nothing that I really spend my free time with. I look at my friends, and they all have something they do that defines them. My girlfriend is a varsity swimmer, and spends so much time doing it and she loves it, and it makes me incredibly jealous that others have found something they do all the time and that they love. Am I doing something wrong? Will I find a passion further down the road? Life is just so boring when I don't have something to really look forward to everyday. Any tips or suggestions to finding my passion?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 12, 2015, 06:31 PM
    What do you like to do? When you're bored, sitting at home, what do you wish you were doing?

You mentioned soccer, hockey, music. Those sound like hobbies to me.

What do you mean by finding your passion? What does passion mean to you?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 19, 2015, 08:08 AM
    You're only in your second year of studies. I graduated with my degree only to find out that although it was exciting, it was not really something that would ever help others. So, volunteer work, which I hope you find time to do, is where I found my passion. I returned to school for another degree, credentialing, etc. I'll never make a ton of money, but I love what I do. It may take years to find your passion, so don't give up. Volunteer!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2015, 08:17 AM
    The secret of finding ones passion is being willing to go out, and explore and experiment with new things outside themselves, in this great big old world.

Sitting around doing nothing gains nothing. Get out and try things you have never done, and interact with people you never knew existed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I love a girl, I found some one is also loving her. I haven't told my love to her, [ 5 Answers ]

I love a girl, I found some one is also loving her. I haven't told my love to her, but he does. One day I saw she scolding him, at that time I was happy. BUT TODAY I FOUND THAT the are talking something secretly, what should I do.

Still haven't found artist & song title.h-e-l-p! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi once again all!. I still haven't discovered the artist and song title of a music line in a song from what I believe is the early 70's. It might be Engelbert Humperdinck or I may be way off. He keeps repeating the lines, "I need your love" throughout the middle and ending of the song. It's a...

I found my passion, but... [ 2 Answers ]

I have finally found my passion! For years, my hobby has been comparing myself with other girls and obsessing over beauty. That was seriously my hobby. Now I have discovered my love for wilderness, hiking, swimming in creeks, etc. But here's the problem, I don't have anyone to hike with. I really...

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

View more questions Search