Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junior91875 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2015, 01:11 PM
    Pre employment dot drug test
    Just wondering if you fail a pre employment dot drug test do you lose your regular drivers licence
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2015, 06:50 PM
    Depends if they pass it on to regular license personnel. DOT regs are different. However, If YOU did fail, I hope you NEVER get a DOT license, I don't want you on the road under the influence, I may be the victim.

Jan 11, 2015, 07:22 PM
    For one I don't smoke on a regular basis for 2 I would never drive under the influence I didn't ask for opinion so tyvm
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by junior91875 View Post
    For one I don't smoke on a regular basis for 2 I would never drive under the influence I didn't ask for opinion so tyvm
    Ummm... you didn't ask for opinion? You posted on a Q & A site. That means you asked people for their opinions!

Jan 11, 2015, 08:30 PM
    Ur right yes I did but to answer the question I asked I never said I was driving under the influence or I got caught so with that being said good day
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2015, 08:52 PM
    It shouldn't be an issue for your license, but it would likely be an issue for your employment with a trucking company. If they add it to your DAC report, it will follow you. Companies would have difficulty with insurance coverage and most won't want to deal with the hassle.

Depending on the company that you are seeking employment with, some will have certain requirements that you'll need to meet to get back in good standing. You'd have to check with the individual company. DOT has requirements as well.

Since you are taking a DOT drug test, do you already have your CDL? Have you driven in the past or would this be first job?

Jan 11, 2015, 09:01 PM
    Ty doulaLC no I don't have cdl it would be 1st job that's OK I won't be applying for any trucking jobs I was just worried about my regular driving licence

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre-employment drug test, will I pass? [ 2 Answers ]

I did two small lines of coke 45 days ago and had my hair drug test was yesterday. Will that show up? Do I have anything to worry about? This was for a pre-employment drug test.. Thanks

Will suboxone show up in a pre-employment hair drug test? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm about to take a hair drug test for a job and have been taking 8mg of suboxone every day for about 90 days. I'm quitting today cold turkey, obviously. If failing is a possibility, what can I do to help my chances? Cut my hair?

Pre-employment drug test [ 0 Answers ]

I had 8 oz of alcohol last night at 11pm and this morning with a breath test was 00. At 10am had the drug test. Would you believe that the test would be passed since it was a urine test??

Pre-employment Background/drug test [ 3 Answers ]

I interviewed and was quickly offered a position at a company. Everything went very quickly (almost too good to be true) with only one interview and then offered the position. After excepting the position I was emailed the accceptance papers which asked me to sign them and start work the following...

View more questions Search