Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JerryX100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2015, 11:48 AM
    Motion or answer to summons
    Received summons and need to file motion or answer to court. What are the proper forms?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2015, 06:53 PM
    Depends on where you live. Since we have no idea, consult with your local court that issued the summons.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 12, 2015, 03:18 PM
    By the way, unless this is an adversary case in bankruptcy, this is not a bankruptcy question. It should be in the "law" sub-forum.

If some form of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (some form of which is used in federal courts and many state courts), Rule 12(b) describes pretrial motions that can be filed.

"Thirty-five states have adopted procedural codes based on the Federal Rules, but sometimes there are slight variations. ...
    1. lack of subject matter jurisdiction
    2. lack of personal jurisdiction
    3. improper venue
    4. insufficient process
    5. insufficient service of process
    6. failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted; and
    7. failure to join a party under Rule 19" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...ivil_Procedure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I respond to a summons on a motion to stop alimoney? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I respond to a summons on a motion to discontinue allimoney?

How do I answer a summons? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I answer a summons?

How do I answer a summons? [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons here in New Mexico.I am having a financial problem so we decided to call AFS to help us with our dept, that is last Feb or March. Now I received this summons and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to answer the summons.And don't know what to do with it. Do I just answer...

How do I answer a summons from a CA? [ 4 Answers ]

Brand new to this forum. Ran out of advice on another forum and still looking for answers. I was served with a summons from a local lawyer last Thrus. I have until 7/19/07 to file my answer. I'm not sure if it was issued legally or not. I sent them a validation of debt letter well within...

View more questions Search