Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gunny71840 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2015, 04:56 PM
    How to wire a contacter switch in a heat pump
    I have a contactor switch in my heat pump with the wires connected on each side which is no problem-just switch them exactly to the new switch-the problem is the old switch has two wires connected to the bottom--the new switch has one contact on the front and one on the back-do I just pull the wires on the old switch and hook one in the front and one in the back on the new switch-I think the wires go to the coil-have no wire diagram because the unit is over 8 years old and worn out so you cant read it-it was 19 degrees here in sc for 3 days in a row and it seems like the heat pump never shut off-its a heil split unit-outside and in the attic the contactor switch is 1p 25a 24v-model#HHP230AKC3 on the outside unit
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Jan 10, 2015, 05:11 PM
    At 19* outside the heat pump will run forever unless the back up heat helps it out. What the brand and model number of the furnace.

Jan 11, 2015, 06:22 AM
    BITTERS--the brand is heil-the model#HHP230AKC3--about 9 years old
    bitters Posts: 348, Reputation: 12

Jan 11, 2015, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gunny71840 View Post
    BITTERS--the brand is heil-the model#HHP230AKC3--about 9 years old
    That's the heat pump number, what about the furnace? Does the furnace have electric or gas back up ?

Jan 12, 2015, 10:37 AM
    It must be electric-the only gas I have is to the fireplace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire 4wire electric furnace to 5 wire heat pump and honeywell rth7600 th stat [ 0 Answers ]

How do I wire a four wire electric furnace to a five wire heat pump with a RTH7600 series Honeywell thermostat?

How to wire thermostat for single stage heat pump with emergency electric heat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Heat Controller single stage geo thermal heat pump. We also have installed some electric heat strips to use as an emergency. We ared using a Honeywell TH6220 Tstat. The system is supposed to lock out the heat pump when you select emergency heat on the tstat, but right now that is not...

Trane heat pump doesn't switch from heat to cool [ 2 Answers ]

Just noticed a problem relating to my Trane Weathertron thermostat (8 wire system)that is connected the Trane heatpump. The Green wire on the G terminal (fan) was touching the Orange wire on the O terminal (cooling valve). Might this be causing the system not to switch from heating to cooling?

2008 4 ton Goodman heat pump doesn't switch into electric strip heat? [ 18 Answers ]

OK even when its 17*F out I can still here it running at night. So is this a problem? I mean it runs non stop.

View more questions Search