Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryrhino Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2015, 04:37 PM
    Mouse Scroll Button Not Working
    I have a Lenovo H535 desktop computer with Windows 8 64 Bit. The mouse is a wired mouse.
    Using Chrome. This issue happens in both regular and incognito. When I try to push the scroll button on the mouse it does not close tabs or open links. The mouse I am using is the one that came with the PC. The only thing I am able to do with the scroll key is to scroll up and down pages. Fast/Quick scroll does not work or turn on/activate either. Could an extension cause this? I disabled all extensions but the issue was not resolved. Please tell me how to fix this issue.
    Thanks for your help.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2015, 03:00 PM
    Chrome seems to have problems with the middle button from time to time. If you Google around you'll see numerous people complaining of the same thing.

You might try the middle click mini browser extension. This basically removes the ability of certain webpages to steal the middle-button events out from under you.

Good luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mouse not working [ 1 Answers ]

Cursur does not display on monitor

Dell xps m1330 scroll not working [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Dell xps m1330 intel centrino laptop running window xp. At first, when I open it and run it, the scroll pad that was on the touch pad was working fine. I was able to scroll up and down a page using just the scrolling on the touch pad. Then, for some reason, I don't know what I did,...

Mouse not working [ 9 Answers ]

I have a HP laser, wired mouse when connected it lights but will not move cursor on screen. I have tried disconnecting . Since there is no roller ball is there something to clean?? Or is it time to replace mouse.

Mouse not working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Dell Lap top Inspiron 5100 and my mouse pad and buttons on pad have all quit working do you have an answer why this may be happeining? I am very painfully learing how to use this lap top with out a mouse at all, just keyboard. I hope I can figure out how to send this now that I got this...

View more questions Search