Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Preacher2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 10:19 AM
    High Pitch Noise From My GE Dryer
    My GE dryer makes a high pitch noise while drying.
    What can I do to stop the noise?
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 9, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher2
    My GE dryer makes a high pitch noise while drying.
    What can I do to stop the noise?
    In almost all "squeaky" GE dryers the problem comes from the rear drum bearing. For over 30 years they have used a 1/2" or so, steel shaft set into a teflon type material sleeve bushing. That bushing wears out and the shaft then rides on the metal bracket that holds the sleave.
    The only way to repair it is to place it with a new kit, by taking the dryer apart from the front.
    While you have it apart, also check the front drum glides, belt and belt tension pulley.
    If you are not handy, call a tech! :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High pitch whine in my TV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 52" RCA rear projection TV. It is now a year old. Last week it started a high pitch whining noise when I would turn it on... but not last but a few minutes. Today I turned it on and it has been whining that high pitch sound for 5 hours... I can't stand the sound... any ideas of what it...

High pitch noise from pipes [ 4 Answers ]

When I turn on the hot water I have a high pitch noise coming through the pipes. Is this a pressure build up. I just replaced a washer in the basement. Thanks

High pitch TV problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I've recently received a TV which isn't brand new but as soon as the TV comes on there is a very loud and annoying high pitched squeel, I was wondering if anybody could help me

High pitch noise from tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Lately my wife and I have noticed that when you tun of the faucet to our tub a high pitch noise seems to be coming from knob. If you only turn on the water a little bit this is when you hear the noise. Once its opened about 3/4 of the way the noise stops. Any ideas on what causes this?

Shower making high pitch whistling noise [ 4 Answers ]

My shower makes a high pitched whistling noise. This doesn't happen all of the time, and seems to be more pronounced when changing the temperature from hot to cold. It may come and go, or may make the noise during the duration of the shower. Any thoughts on what could cause this? Any help would...

View more questions Search