Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hawgwild61 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2015, 06:51 PM
    My intertherm (70s model) fuel oil furnace in a mobile home won't fire up,won't reset
    My 70s model intertherm fuel oil furnace won't fire up, I have reset it several times, it was firing but only for a short while but nothing now. I cleaned off the cad cell eye... any ideas why?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2015, 11:24 PM
    Fuel system could be dirty. Change nozzle, fuel filter, & pump screen.
    Ignition transformer could be weak or dead. Replace
    Electrodes could be dirty or out of adjustment. Clean & adjust.
    Pump coupling could be stripped or broken. Replace

A lot of possibilities. We need more information. What does it do or what does it not do?

Jan 9, 2015, 02:28 PM
    Im thinking its electrical Ive replaces all that you've noted & its getting fuel,the chimney rusted off and fell down in ,Ive since repaired all the sheet metal(an easy fix)I think it may have been putting exhaust gasses into the burn chamber as someone else noted before I fixed the chimney from the top of furnace up. It would fire when I reset it at that time but has not fired since, the reset button does not pop out now to reset it & the thermostat is new & set higher than room temp.. The mod # is as follows The mod# is MAC1265 , it's a 61000 BTU Intertherm oil furnace, in a 70' mobile home.. thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by Grady White View Post
    Fuel system could be dirty. Change nozzle, fuel filter, & pump screen.
    Ignition transformer could be weak or dead. Replace
    Electrodes could be dirty or out of adjustment. Clean & adjust.
    Pump coupling could be stripped or broken. Replace

A lot of possibilities. We need more information. What does it do or what does it not do?
    Today, 09:25 PM
    hawgwild61
    Im thinking its electrical Ive replaces all that you've noted & its getting fuel,the chimney rusted off and fell down in ,Ive since repaired all the sheet metal(an easy fix)I think it may have been putting exhaust gasses into the burn chamber as someone else noted before I fixed the chimney from the top of furnace up. It would fire when I reset it at that time but has not fired since, the reset button does not pop out now to reset it & the thermostat is new & set higher than room temp.. the mod # is as follows The mod# is MAC1265 , it's a 61000 BTU Intertherm oil furnace, in a 70' mobile home.. thanks for your input
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2015, 03:25 PM
    The MAC series Intertherms used a pipe within a pipe for combustion air & exhaust. The exhaust goes out the inner pipe & the combustion air comes down the outter pipe. Both pipes must be sealed to the furnace to prevent recirculation of exhaust into the combustion air.

Do I understand correctly in that the burner will not run at all? Do you have a volt meter & know how to use it?

Jan 10, 2015, 12:54 AM
    That's right, the burner will not run at all.. Yes I do have a volt meter
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2015, 01:41 PM
    CAUTION: 120 VOLTS
    Open the junction box where the wiring from the house connects to the furnace & look for anything obvious. Check for 120v coming in. Follow hot wire to limit switch & check for 120v through limit. Check for 120v between black & white under control with reset button. Reconnect black & white, disconnect orange. Check for 120v from orange to ground or white if you can get a probe under the wire nut. If you havew 120v everywhere except orange, install a jumper between terminals T&T then recheck power out of orange. This will cover most. Get back with us on results.

Jan 10, 2015, 07:02 PM
    Ok Thanks ,it may be a week or so this furnace is in our Cabin

Feb 2, 2015, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgwild61 View Post
    Ok Thanks ,it may be a week or so this furnace is in our Cabin
    Ended up the primary control was defective & put the right nozzle put back in it ,I had a 60 in It, called for a 57,put a 55 in & it ran fine ,nice & quiet Thanks for all your help Grady It was greatly appreciated.. Have a good day ;)
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2015, 03:09 PM
    Glad I was able to be of some help. Stay warm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Miller oil furnace won't fire? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Miller oil furnace in mY garage. It is from a Moble Home. It was working and then just quit firing. I am getting fuel, the motor is running, Just no fire. Can anyone help me out? Thanks...

Mobile home with intertherm air won't turn on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a intertherm air conditioner, single out side unit. Starting last summer I have replaced the start reley,transformer all ran well when replaced, I went to turn on the air this week and nothing, just made a humming noise at the unit out side. So I replaced the run capacitor, results same,...

Fuel Oil Furnace won't shut off [ 0 Answers ]

We have a fuel oil furnace and it keeps running after the temperature on the thermostat has been reached. It shuts off at the thermostat so that is not a problem, but if I have it on auto, it runs and runs and runs. It was 82 in my house today when I got home! Is this a thermostat problem?

Intertherm model #1265 burner won't fire up [ 2 Answers ]

Pilot is lit,blower works,stat is good,burner will not kick in

View more questions Search