Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Apr 9, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Hummingbirds in East Texas
    Does anyone know when you are supposed to put your hummingbird feeders in East Texas?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Good day to you Mrsc! I believe that you can put your feeders up now without any problems. For me, it is too early. Mid-May is usually a safe bet in the northeast.

I have actually been working on my landscaping to attract more hummingbirds and butterflies. From what I saw last year, it appears to be working. I prefer providing vegetation that is interesting, attractive, and allows the native species to flourish. Since I have a couple of black bears living near me, I never leave anything out that would tempt them to come into my yard, such as the feeders and seed. So, I try to plant things that will feed the birds all year long. The wild turkeys, jays, and other birds that overwinter here, like to hang out in my yard during the winter.

If you are interested I found a website that is maintained by the Texas Parks and Wildlife. It has quite a lot of info about hummingbirds and how to attract them.

TPWD: Texas Hummingbird Roundup -- Welcome
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Apr 9, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Thanks sista!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for 2 friends from East Tennesse... [ 1 Answers ]

The first is most important, Her name was Sarah Maples, Her mother was Lois Maples, and her brother was Josh Maples... Now, I have looked all through myspace, MSN white pages, and the internet. I have found nothing really as her mom got married in or around 2000 (I believe) and I do not know his...

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

Universities on east/west coasts [ 0 Answers ]

I am from the midwest... I was attending mizzou, decided I didn't like it, so I came back home. So here I am back home.. going to a jr. college, and getting ready to go back to a smaller university closer to home and relatively cheap.. decided though this is now what I want. I want to be out on...

View more questions Search