Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2015, 12:00 AM
    Hello and update on health
    A few of you may have noticed me off line last week. And I will be for another week or two. I ended up with a eye problem and lost vision in my right eye. The first two doctors did not have much hope of any recovery, but we were able to get an expert on the surgery to fly in this week and do it for us. Thanks to my loving wife and many of her friends and connections.

I had the surgery Monday, and today, I can see out of the eye now, with a full range of vision. Everything still a blurr at this point, but they tell me, that will correct over next few weeks.

So, I will most likely be off line, for another week or two, or more as my eye heals. My right eye, is (or was) my better eye, so reading with just left eye is somewhat difficult.

On the positive side, my fall semester was in the last week, when I had surgery, so I do not have to work again for 8 week, which will give me plenty of chance to go to my Kunming home and rest.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2015, 03:21 AM
    Sending you prayers and good thoughts, Fr_Chuck for continued good recovery. So very glad to hear that you kept persueing it and found a doctor who could help. Rest and take it easy on your eyes!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 8, 2015, 03:26 AM
    Have a wonderful, restful eight weeks, chuck !
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 8, 2015, 03:31 AM
    It seemed like more than a week! It's nice of you to write to us.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2015, 04:07 PM
    Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. Vision is a really big thing. Would scare most of us.

Not been around much myself.. but that's related to a new job and being quite busy, and thank goodness not a health scare.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 8, 2015, 04:08 PM
    Wow...terrible news that this happened to you but good news that it seems to be getting better despite originally being told otherwise. Stay strong, keep healing, and rest. There's always time to come back here later.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 8, 2015, 06:27 PM
    Glad your getting better. Kepp on the track of mending and we will see you soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health care legislation update [ 298 Answers ]

Robert Gibbs in a recent exchange with the press admitted that passing the public option in Obamacare is a nonstarter. “There are some that are supportive of this,”..... “There isn't enough political support in the majority to get this through.”... “The President took the Senate bill as the...

Block a Single Windows Update with Auto-Update Enabled [ 7 Answers ]

One of the Windows updates sent out on 10/13/09 caused a problem on my XP system (very, very slow operation of all functions). After a System Restore to a date prior to the update download, the problem was gone. After another Auto-Update, the problem returned. I know I can update...

Window vista update (KB968389) is a bad update, how can I update my vista? [ 2 Answers ]

August 11, 2009 window vista update KB968389 is a bad update for my computer. After trying to install it, my configuration only gets to 3 out of 3 and 0% then keeps on restarting over and over. It won't stop restarting unless I turn my computer off. I had to do a restore to my drives to get it...

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

View more questions Search