Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minimorz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2015, 03:02 PM
    Seeking Money Help, kind of venting, Don't be rude.
    So, yes, this is going to be long. You've been warned, negative comments aren't welcome don't be rude.

Okay here's my deal.

I got my cdl 8 years ago, I did a lease thing where I was making payments
    On the truck, fuel yadda yadda, Basically like I was buying it but,
    When I got paid I didn't get taxes taken out. So after my first year
    I gave all my recepits and that to a tax lady who informed me she
    Had a death in the family and would get my taxes done in a week. After
    That she disappered changed her number and took my information. So I
    Kind of ignored that. For the next year I was at a different company
    Doing the same kind of truck deal but, they had tax help people. I thought
    I'd be good until I got the quarterly statement saying I owed 5,000.
    When my bank account had like $500 in it. Long story short I have back
    Taxes but don't know what they are because they aren't filed yet. I went
    To H&R block to get them filled but can't pay for it.

My second thing is I help my family with everything. My dad got sick
    About the same time I started driving and ended up losing his job somehow.
    I have no idea the back story on why he got let got at work beause he had
    Kidney issues my parents don't share that information.
    But, every time they needed help with their bills I would jump
    In and help. Which is why I'm in the predicament I'm in. I'm not blaming
    Them or anyone because I did it to myself.

So, now I not only have all that going on I decided to add more feet to
    Hole I've dug myself in. My sister called me up one night saying she
    Was getting kicked out of the place she's in because her roommate got
    A dui and was blaming her for it, a couple months before that she was
    Living with someone else and got kicked out because the girl she was living
    With got into a relationship and the partner didn't like her. Actually if
    I remember right she's gotten kicked out of a few places the reasons I always
    Got were something to do with them but now that I live with her I know it's her. Before all of that when she first moved to where we are she was in a
    Relationship but the girl she was dating decided to cheat or something
    And they spilt. So in the 3 years she was trying to make it on her own
    Stuff just went wrong. I'm the type of person that will help my family
    No matter what. So I came home from when I was driving over the road for
    A family thing and helped her look for a place but she couldn't do it
    Herself.

Which leaves me to my current situtaion. We got a place together and now
    I'm starting to learn the true reason behind the stories that always seemed
    To be missing details. She's a drunk. I need to get away but I have no way to
    I've been single doing everything for myself for about 6 years. So when
    I got this place it was a little above budget but I thought I'd be okay.
    But, alas another shoe life dropped on me. I got a job doing local deliveries
    But it was a temp thing. Long story short about finding a good kind of close place to temp with took about 4 months. Finally after all of that I got a job
    45miles away but it's a good one. Or so I thought.. 7months temping with them they asked me to get hired in. I was doing about 50-70hours thought it'd be great. Well got hired in and was only getting about 40 then. But, of course something else happened was about to happen cause I can't just get lucky with one thing. The place I was working for laid me off for 10 weeks and
    Unemployment wouldn't give me anything. Week or so later called my temp
    Agency I was working with got me something to keep me busy. So I finally
    Get the call to come back since I was hired in the bid I got got me about
    45-50 hours which would be okay. But, I can't seem to catch up.

The only way I see to get me out of this is to just live in my car. But
    It's 10degrees outside with a wind chill of -10 and my parents aren't to fond
    Of the idea and a few of my friends. But, living in my current situation
    Is bad for my health. I know that doesn't make sense but that information
    I'm not ready to share just yet. I'm just tired of being stepped on.

If you actually read of that I'm surprised because it's long and whinny.
    I understand there are people out there that have it way worse. But, I wanted
    To vent I needed to vent and if this is the site I can do it. Imma do it.
    I'm looking for help.. I looked at travel trailers to possibly live in because
    I thought maybe it'd be easier to catch myself up. But you need good credit
    And a vehicle that can pull it. I thought they were lighter then they are but
    They aren't.. So my car is looking like the only option unless I have help.

Jan 7, 2015, 03:12 PM
    Oh, and I can't get a second job or I'd lose my first. I have a driving job and under the rules of the federal government I can only work 60hours a week in however many jobs I have. So if I get another job that is 20-40hours i'd cancel out my first job. Not sure how to find under the table paying jobs I'm new to this area. And I'm pretty sure I stated this but going to restate this. I know there are others that have it worse. But I'm putting this out here anyway.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2015, 03:18 PM
    Have you kept current on your medical for your CDL? A few things you might consider:

1) move in, at least for awhile, with your parents... if need be you can sleep on the sofa, and work 2 - 3 jobs if you have to.

2) see if you can stay with a friend for maybe 2-3 weeks, then another friend for 2-3 weeks, etc. and also work 2-3 jobs.

3) See about hiring on with another truck company... did you do any OTR driving or was it all local? Do you have a good driving record? I would actually see about getting employed with a company, not going the owner operator route at this point. Pay is less per mile, but they maintain everything for you and cover the fuel, insurance, etc. They also deal with the taxes so you won't get into trouble with that again. You could actually live in your truck that way. Drive as much as you can, save your money... don't get caught up in eating every meal at the truck stops, and you can put a decent amount towards your bills. Contact the IRS, find out what your back taxes are, and see if they can be either reduced or a payment plan can be set up.

Personally, if I were single in your situation, I would consider going the truck route, if at all possible.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 7, 2015, 03:23 PM
    Go to a nearby public library to get a list of social services and shelter phone number in that area. Check with area churches for free counseling and shelter, and maybe even job help. In which country are you? If it's the U.S., there should be a county human services office. The library should have that listed, too. Best wishes!

Jan 7, 2015, 03:27 PM
    Just ignore my rant.. I wish I'd read that I couldn't delete this before I posted. Guess I need to learn to read the terms before I agree to them.. Common sense failed me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't have money to invest, I want to earn money... What should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't have money to invest, I want to earn money... What should I do?

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

She rude or don't respect me? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 46, she's 39. Been dating for 3 plus yrs, she won't reply to 90% of my texts or calls, even if I say I love you or miss you. She will rarely. When she works she leaves at 6pm and only then on her way to work will she call me, the rest of the day she's sleeping, smoking, talking to kids, dogs,...

I don't mean to be rude, or mean. [ 17 Answers ]

But okay so this guy I am talking to He is 5'6" And he says he weighs 160 pounds. Is that fat/overweight for a 16 yr old? And I want to know if I am being mean. I just want to know. Anyone? :o

Seeking Child Support - Ex Makes Money Illegally [ 6 Answers ]

Before my son was born, his father suggested that we not go through the courts for child support and instead work out an amount between the two of us. I had my doubts as to whether he would actually come through with the money each month, but I decided to give it a chance seeing as he gets paid...

View more questions Search