Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iceberg5252 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2015, 02:50 PM
    Lady Bugs
    I have probably about a hundred ladybugs on 2 separate walls outside. I have never seen this many ladybugs before in my life. I have heard from superstition that if a ladybug lands on you it will bring you good luck(boy could I use that lol). I know that they won't bite you, but there is also another bug that is close to them everywhere also. It is about 1/8" long, and they are not bothering me either. They have the same color makings as the ladybug, but their bodies are mainly black with orange king of stripe on their back. What draws this many ladybugs to my wall?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2015, 03:05 PM
    Vary common this time of year. My neighbor's house front sliding glass doors, facing west, Ellijay GA, are covered in them.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 6, 2015, 03:24 PM
    Most likely the ladybugs and (possibly) box elder beetles are attracted to that location by warmth. If those 2 walls don't get full sun check for caulking failures around windows and doorways and pipes/conduits. This time of year in some locales they may be looking for a way in to overwinter, so checking how well sealed your house is is doubly important.
    iceberg5252 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2015, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Vary common this time of year. My neighbor's house front sliding glass doors, facing west, Ellijay GA, are covered in them.
    They are mainly on the west side about (80) of the house, and a few on the south side (about 20)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 6, 2015, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg5252 View Post
    They are mainly on the west side about (80) of the house, and a few on the south side (about 20)
    West and South. The afternoon sun hits full on there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible bugs in couch what could it be,they bite but we don't see any bugs [ 3 Answers ]

For about 6months the kids have been getting bit well they are on couch,never see any bugs,they don't even know they have been biten into they start itching,what coud it be,I have tried lots of different things to get rid of them nothings working.

Need the artis for. Lady you bring me up when I'm down Lady you changed my life around [ 1 Answers ]

Its and older group and a african american group

Hey lady you lady you're a contedted mother [ 1 Answers ]

Hey lady... You lady... I've been to California... I've been to paradise.. You belong to me

How to get rid of asian lady bugs [ 4 Answers ]

I live in the country in Illinois trying to get rid of these asian lady bugs they r in my house into everything

You.S. Movie lady's apartment is burnt,lost job,no benefits so lives as a bag lady [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this movie on t.v. several years ago. Probably made in the 1960''s. I recalled it was Bette Davis, but can find nothing regarding this film with her starring in it. In the movie she had her own apartment, but it was completely burnt in a fire. She also lost her job & could not claim benefits....

View more questions Search