Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youngsdawn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 10:05 AM
    How many weeks
    A women wants to run a 10km( kilometer) race, she can run 10 mimutes per mile, how many weeks will it take her to run the race.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Oay, we start with 2 pieces of information, the distance is 10km, and the speed is 10min/mile

The first thing to do is change it from 10 min/mile into min/km. So we look up how many miles are in a km. We can find this using google, or we can do it from memory, I remember that 1km is roughly miles.

Now we change the min/mile into min/km, so we multiply it, this gives 6.25 min/km.

No we need to see how long it takes to travel 10 km, this is simply multiplication.

minutes.

Now we need to change minutes into weeks, so we need to divide by:

1. the number of minutes in an hour
    2. the number of hours in a day
    3. the number of days in a week

You can do this part yourself. You should get out your answer. (just so you can check you've done it right, it should be "0.00xx" weeks, where you can work out the xs)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

30 weeks [ 24 Answers ]

I don't know if this qualifies as a question since I'm just updating everyone about how things are coming along... lol.. Hopefully all this might help someone else at some point in time... I just got back from my 30 week appt. and everything is much better than it was last week. I did get an...

12 weeks along [ 20 Answers ]

Well I haven't been on recently. I've been working a lot and been really tired. I went to my dr. appt today and heart the babies heartbeat. It sounded so far away... lol... He said that my uterus was big for just 12 weeks and ordered an ultra sound. He said that there were three reasons that this...

View more questions Search