Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisajh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Renter forced to move
    My daughter bought a mobile home from a man & rents his lot. (The lease agreement is in my name.) He decided to sell the property. I was given a 30 day notice, HAND WRITTEN. We are trying to get things in order to do so, but it takes time to buy property, get everything inspected, sewer, ETC. This has taken a financial toll on our whole family. Easter Sunday, about 10 days into the 30day notice, the renter visited my home,
    Demanding the rental money and giving me a new notice that said be off property in 10 days. I did NOT give him the rent because we aren't eating to pay for moving the mobile home. He said he will sue me in court for the $138.50 AND cut off the water (which he furnishes) in 10 days. My daughter has 2 babies. My Question: Is this man operating within his legal bounds?

Check out some similar questions!

Renter rights [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have to pay for the unit down stair stuff if it get wet because something is leaking in our bathroom and going throw the floor and throw her sealing but the landord can find what leaking from our bathroom and we never let water go on the floor.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:...

A renter looking to evict family members [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I made the silly life choice to let a family member stay in a property that I rent for just a few months while she got her stuff together to find her own place. Well as you can guess, she has yet to get her stuff together and it has been two years. She does pay rent to me for the...

Renter/Roommate/30-day Notice [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Huntington Beach, California. I have a roommate. I offered the room to him below market rates because he is a good friend. I introduced him to my friend. They are now dating. She is also at the house half the time, sleeping over and doing laundry. I need my privacy. I do not want him as a...

Evicting a non renter [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend moved in with my family when she got pregnant. She has been here for a year now and the relationship is not working out. I have asked her to leave but she refuses. The sherrifs dept. says that I cannot make her leave, I have to evict her. What do I need to do to evict her.

Renter [ 1 Answers ]

I rent and occupy a two family dwelling shared with my landpeople, husband and wife team. They switched our furnaces without notifying me. Suddenly my gas bill shot up after the switch. Did they have any rights to do that without notification? :-/

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.