Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 1, 2015, 03:15 AM
    Obversation Only
    Greetings and Happy New Year. It has been quite a while since I posted to this forum but tonight got me thinking.

I'm working at a hotel on the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I work nights. Last night we had over 100 rooms occupied for the holiday evening's activities.

From roughly 1:30 to 5:00 this morning I had more domestic battles then ever occur at the busyiest time of the summer season.

Unless reasonable heads prevail, I suspect that no less then 15 husband and wives will be divorced or worse by this time next year!

For heaven's sake, cut back on the booze and go someplace where the number of competitors is not that significant and for heaven's sake, stay out of strip clubs!@
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 1, 2015, 06:08 AM
    Yes, the booze and excitement to fuel it will always do the damage no one can repair.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 1, 2015, 09:40 AM
    I agree with tickle.

Just wanted to point out, that it always seems the 'front line' people in any service industry, take the brunt of trouble, from waiters/waitresses/store clerks, taxi drivers/hotel clerks, etc.

To me that says something to the character of those wreaking havoc- no matter what the excuse- and the result being staff have to intervene and restore peace.

That takes skill. But, my guess is you aren't paid for your skill. Same with other service industries- calming an irate customer, taking the brunt of a customers dislike of their meal in a restaurant, etc. Front line people employ many skills in doing their jobs- and counting on tips, which are ironically up to the patron to decide whether they are deserved.

I hope you are well paid, and I hope your skills are appreciated enough by management, to be reflected on your paycheque.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search