Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Huggles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2014, 02:53 PM
    Debt Cycles
    I'm a high school student rather interested in the study of economics and I really needed to have a few questions answered as I've never had any teachers or mentors on the subject, just my own interest and some books. The first question I have is what is your opinion of Ray Dalio's model? If so, the basic premise there being because we borrow we have cycles, does the Government adhere to this as well? If it does, wouldn't it be in the opposite sense that the private sector does? The private sector has to cut it's spending at a time when debt burdens grow too high, but because this is true Government has to increase its spending. So, if this is true wouldn't the budget matter most in times of surplus? Shouldn't the Government pay off some of it's debt whenever the economy is stable enough to do so?

Or do we adapt a Post Keynesian view where apparently the Government never actually has to pay down any of it's obligations. It makes sense on paper but it really doesn't feel right whatsoever, I would just like the basic premise clarified, but thank you very much!

If at all possible I would like the answer to remain free of ideology, and stay as possible to what current practices typically are.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 31, 2014, 03:08 PM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2014, 03:50 PM
    If you follow current trends, we are post Keynesian now, aren't we? Your thoughts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sued by a Debt Collector in AZ, Default 5 years, interest is as high as original debt [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I was sued because I defaulted on my auto loan 5 years ago due to losing my job, I then returned the car to the auto loan company, I received a letter a few years back that they sold the car to get money back of course. I know I am going to respond within 20 days, thanks for all the...

Heater cycles too short and cycles many times before heat actually goes on... [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old Goodman heater model GMS81155CNA that we just replaced the blower motor on, fortunately it was under warranty until April. Now it keeps trying to cycle 2 or 3 times before the burners actually go on, sometimes it will ignite on the first attempt other times it won't. Often we...

Credit Card Debt? Consolidate using debt consolidation agency? Good or Bad? [ 11 Answers ]

Does it reflect negatively on my credit report if I consolidate credit card debt using a debt consolidation agency? I can make my credit card payments, but only the minimums. The APR's are mid to high teens -- I feel like a hamster on a wheel. Is it worse to continue like I am, with credit cards...

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

DEBT! What should I do debt consolidation,debt settlement bankruptcy (kind of long) [ 8 Answers ]

Hello to everyone :) I've been reding on here and seen the great questions asked and answered, and thought I'd ask a few questions. Ok so here is my situation, I have total about 35k worth the credit card debt (3 cards, amex 20k, visa 5k and another visa 10K), a 12k car loan and a house in WA....

View more questions Search