Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sazon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Can it be saved
    After 19 years not only did he have a affair he fathered child. I love him and he wants nothing more that me to let him back into my heart. My mind keeps me wondering if we are fooling ourselves thinking it can work... Help me, has it been done, I mean done for real... I do forgive him and love him but my mind is not letting it go...
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 09:21 AM
    The decision is yours. Do you love him enough to live through the hurt and betrayal. How long ago did this happen? Do you have any friends, family or clergy you can seek support and guidance from?

I am so sorry.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
    It can be made to work, but it is not an easy road. I suggest you:

1-Make it clear how much his betrayal has hurt you and your faith in him

2-Request time if you feel you need to think about this more before you re-commit yourself to him

3-Make your possible reconciliation dependent upon marriage counseling, and make him aware that you expect him to attend with you and cooperate fully until you BOTH feel you are standing on solid ground.

I can't tell you if you should try or not, that is up to you, but if you do I think you should let him know exactly what your expectations are, and be prepared to move on if he refuses to accept them.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Fathered a child? Wow, that is a tough one. You have to follow your heart. Can you deal with seeing the product of an affair?
    This kind of betrayal is so hard to wrap your brain around, because - you never stopped being his wife. You never stopped loving him. And you probably wouldn't do something like that to him. So, it is hard to imagine it being done to you.
    Once the shock wears off and you figure out what you want and where you want to be and if that is with your husband - then you have to, somehow, let the anger and hurt go. It does not happen overnight. And sometimes, you need a third parties help to get all of your feelings out.
    Good luck.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 05:27 AM
    I think it's worth trying to save your marriage, but vlee is right, don't underestimate the difficulty of the undertaking. More important, don't let HIM underestimate the difficulty. Counselling is a must, for several months at least. A good counsellor can help you plan a series of steps to rebuild trust and confidence in your love. It won't be easy, but it's worth trying. Even if it doesn't work, you'll know you tried.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Once saved always saved [ 39 Answers ]

How many Christians believe in the addage, once saved always saved? I have been a Christian since age 8 and never was sure until adulthood. I heard it said at the pulpit, that once you name is written in the Book of Life it cannot be erased. A good example of this is the relationship we have...

Restoring saved files [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I backed up some Outlook Express email folders, but the program made me compact them first. I did, and saved them on a backup CD with the file extension dbx. How do I UN-compact them and get them back into Outlook Express where I can read them. excon

What Must I Do To Be Saved? [ 16 Answers ]

(1) What is the first step to Salvation? (2) What are your beliefs (based upon The Bible) regarding Salvation? (3) Do you believe in the eternal security of the believer (keeping in mind that Salvation is based upon the finished work at Calvary; not upon what man can or can't do, due to human...

CD-R I can't reopen any files saved on it. [ 3 Answers ]

I saved a ton of jpegs on a CD-R and I'm unable to access any of the files on the disc. I've been able to get to the files in the past, but some reason, now I can't. I've tried 3 different computers, even a Mac. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search