Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Victoria Z Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2014, 09:00 PM
    Cps
    Cps took my baby away, can my 21 year old son and his wife take her in? they both have bachelors degrees, work from home. no criminal history. my son is from a native american indian tribe that receives 10,000 a month in per capita. they own their own home
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 09:07 PM
    That will all depend on the circumstances surrounding your child's removal as well as family dynamics. In some situations it is approved, yet in others denied.
    Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 09:23 PM
    You modified your post after you received an answer.

Again, it will depend on circumstances that the child was taken. They will have to be interviewed and it may depend on what contact they have with you.

CPS prefers to put children with family members, but 21 is quite young.

Please post your responses below. Do not modify/edit your original post.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2014, 05:42 AM
    The native american part could have an influence. In some cases native americans are exempt from local civil law and subject only to tribal law. That could influence CPS. But as J_9 said, there are too many factors to give a definitive answer. I can say that most CPS agencies prefer to place a child with family.
    Expert

Dec 30, 2014, 12:11 PM
    Scott, that is true only if they live on tribal land, i.e. Reservation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2014, 12:39 PM
    I thought so, but wasn't sure. We don't know if that's where the son lives.
    Expert

Dec 30, 2014, 12:42 PM
    All parties would need to live on tribal land for tribal law to be enforced. It appears the OP does not live on tribal land since CPS is involved. Therefore, they are subject to civil law.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 30, 2014, 04:00 PM
    Yes, and the whole tribe receives l0,000 a month, divided through how many living on the reservation at any one time. So he may get, what, not even a 1000 a month supplement or even less. So you cant bring money into the mix as well. And they own their own home, on a reservation which isn't much of anything really.Sorry, I know how it works for our natives in Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I fight CPS in VA? [ 6 Answers ]

The CPS won't let me around my kids even after charges for assault and battery on the 13 year old were dropped after the child testified nothing happened.

Not sure what I can and can not do with CPS [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter and grandson were living with us so she could go to hair dressing school and better herself. 2 weeks ago she wouldn't get out of bed and take care of the baby (he's 18mo old) she was leaving him in the room to play alone while she slept. We got in a verbal altercation, they she hit me....

Cps, What can we do to get away? [ 0 Answers ]

My husband's kids were removed from their mother due to negligence. They were placed with us and we are considered a foster home (which is annoying since he is the biological father). This whole process has been a nightmare. We have at least 2 visitors on a weekly basis not to mention biweekly...

CPS and DV [ 3 Answers ]

My son called cps on his ex-wife due to numerous reports from his children of witnessing domestic violence between their mother and her boyfriend, as well as their mother and her sister... I'm not talking about just some shoving... the mother even informed my son of a fist fight between her and her...

CPS help please [ 9 Answers ]

I've got a major dilemma going on and I, for once, don't know how to handle it. Hoping some of you could shed some light. Here goes, hope it makes sense. Two little kids have been in and out of CPS for all of their short lives. Girl is 8, boy is 10. They've been positive for marijuana, coke,...

View more questions Search