Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tpaula62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2014, 10:17 PM
    Sugar is over 500
    According to our home testing my sugar was at 587 at 10pm. I do have type 2 Diabetes but I have not been on any medication for over 2 years as I have no insurance and cannot afford a doctor. However, my husband has his VA and also Diabetes. I took one of his 1000mg Metformin. The same prescription strength I was prescribed before. I walked with my daughter and drank two 12oz glasses of water an took two OTC motrin. I rechecked my sugar at 11pm I was 571. I again drank a glass of water. I rechecked my sugar 10 minutes ago at midnight, it was 551. My daughter takes Insulin, Novolog, and wanted to give me a shot. My question is should I let her or should I call for an ambulance. I am a 52 yr white female in Sumter, SC
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2014, 10:29 PM
    NO, sorry,you have no medical insurance, but you need to see the doctor and get your own proper medication.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2014, 10:39 PM
    You go to the ER. Never ever take medication that is not prescribed to you. Especially for blood sugar. This is not only dangerous, but it is a felony.

No, go straight to the ER. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
    agilpro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2015, 12:05 AM
    Even though you don't have insurance you have to get to a doctor and get your medication. Blood sugar in the 580 range is not good and you could die very easily. Another option is if you have a county hospital go there, they will treat you and it probably won't cost you much if anything.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2015, 06:43 PM
    As noted 500 is very high, possibly life threatening. Why not VA, you are a dependent? 2 years! You could have saved enough to go to a county health clinic. You are in SC. Publix had FREE metformin with a prescription. However, with levels that high, you may need to look at lifestyle effect. BTW-Using someone else's prescriptive medication if a federal offense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

brown sugar =sugar% to molassas% [ 1 Answers ]

What is the ratio of sugar to molassas in brown sugar?

Dawson's Delivery Service purchased equipment for $2,500. The Company $500 in cash an [ 1 Answers ]

Dawson's Delivery Service purchased equipment for $2,500. The Company $500 in cash and signed a note for the balance. Dawson debited the Equipment account, credited Cash and

Who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar"? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Please, who's the artist who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar" with changed lyrics.. "Honey, I gotta lotta money.."?

Which is best among Internal 500 GB HD or External 500 GB HD [ 3 Answers ]

Hai, Just I proposed to buy one 500 GB Hard Dist for my Win XP/1GB RAM PC to store more data. Kindly clarify which is the best one Internal or External ? Tks Balakumar

View more questions Search