Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    konagal1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2014, 09:55 PM
    How Can I evict my boyfriend from my home now that we have broken up
    I own my own home. My boyfriend has lived in my house just under a year. He never paid rent and has not paid any bills other than my cell phone is on his cell account. We have broken up and I want him out. How can I get him to move out faster than "whenever he feels like it?"
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2014, 10:44 PM
    You get him out by formally evicting him according to the laws of your location.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 29, 2014, 04:24 AM
    Give him a written notice to vacate in the presence of at least one other person, open your own phone account, don't buy any food, lock up your valuables, and start the eviction at your nearest courthouse. It will take a while.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 04:34 AM
    There is no "fast way" you can of course, make his life a living hell, when he is home. Talk to my ex wife, she is a master of that. (LOL) but to get him out, you start an legal eviction of him though the courts.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 29, 2014, 10:57 AM
    Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

The general process is:
    Step 1: Give him a written notice to vacate within x # of days, the x depends on local law, generally 30 days.
    Step 2: If the deadline passes without him vacating, then you go to court for an eviction order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How di I evict my long term boyfriend from the home? [ 0 Answers ]

My question is for circumstances that may occur down the road . My boyfriend and I have been together since 2000, And we have a 10 year old daughter together. We moved into the home of his elderly 91 year old father to help him out. There is no legal documentation or tenant agreement. We agreed...

Can I evict my ex from my home? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have been living with my ex since feb 1/12 and we just recently separated due to him being overly controlling and verbally abusive. He says he will leave in 30 days and he's intitled to and if I throw him out sooner he will get me fired from my job and have my children taken away. Can I evict...

Can my landlord evict me when I have receipts&no rules have been broken [ 5 Answers ]

Here's the story. Within the last 2 months I have actually 3 evictions papers from my landlord. I have paid the rent and have broken no rules. He the landlord says he is evicting me because I have not told him where I go and because I blocked him from calling me late at night. Truth is I blocked...

How do I evict someone from my home [ 2 Answers ]

I have my 48 year old sister who want leave my house. She been staying with me and my family on and off about 6 years now she don't want to work are help pay bills. The house I'm living is my parent house and they ask me to stay here this is not a homested house. I need help what should I do?

Evict boyfriend from my home [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has lived with me for over a year. He gives me money. We broke up and he said he was going to move out but now he said that I have to evict him. When he gets drunk, which is everyday, he becomes very verbally abusive to me and my daughters, he yells, cusses and calls us vulgar...

View more questions Search